hobby discussion thread

Author Topic: hobby discussion thread  (Read 7421 times)

Harlan Ellison is not talked about enough when people talk about classic writers, he was prolific for his time.

any loving SECOND now we are going to record a SONG and maybe POST it somewhere

You guys got any favorite books or authors

I started reading Ayn Rand this year, I don’t agree with her entire philosophy but parts of it are good and she’s a brilliant writer
every Tom Clancy book is a forgetin banger

I started reading Ayn Rand this year, I don’t agree with her entire philosophy but parts of it are good and she’s a brilliant writer
i read mostly middle-grade fantasy novels so rick riordan and tui sutherland are up there

dragonrider's prob my fav book tho, or maybe fablehaven

recently got through the first few Witcher (Sapkowski) novels. definitely a fun read and would recommend, but nothing can beat the satisfying simplicity of the Hobbit for me

made this clip while playing around with OBS Studio/Adobe Premiere. lossless 1440p/240hz recording comes out to like 30GB per minute, still in awe at the size of that. somehow managed to hit front page of Reddit with 140k total views

honestly the 12.5ms advantage is one of the least important aspects of high refresh monitors, but its a nice crunchy number thats easy to showcase

recently got through the first few Witcher (Sapkowski) novels. definitely a fun read and would recommend, but nothing can beat the satisfying simplicity of the Hobbit for me
the hobbit + LOTR was really fun to read, Tolkien was an amazing writer I love everything about his prose. those grand, sweeping sentences he could write are just incredible

edit- I finished reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead the other day, it was ok, there was some rape so ehhh if anyone is interested in her, read Atlas Shrugged instead its way better. now im starting Nietszche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra which is supposed to be epic  :cookie:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:59:41 PM by Mega-Bear »