Author Topic: What MMO/large scale multiplayer game do you usually play?  (Read 3069 times)

imagine having to pay every year for a game
You're paying for the upkeep of a large online service that undergoes regular updates (including more content) that runs on servers, requiring resources and maintenance.
Please stop making an ass of yourself in every thread just because you refuse to stop and think before scrubbing your pencil richard against your keyboard.

quote this in 5-10 years when games as a service becomes a dominant model for AAA titles

^quote this in 5-10 years when i'm hopefully wrong

i dont have to imagine? there are plenty of great games with subscription models?

what i meant is

imagine paying 60 bucks per month to play some stuffty stat comparing game which passively causes you to procrastinate and possibly ruin your ability to work

cmon just buy like a 10 dollar co-op rpg and play that instead of paying 12 kidneys per year for something

what i meant is

imagine paying 60 bucks per month to play some stuffty stat comparing game which passively causes you to procrastinate and possibly ruin your ability to work

cmon just buy like a 10 dollar co-op rpg and play that instead of paying 12 kidneys per year for something
you don't pay 60 dollars a month you loving idiot, no game with a subscription would get away with having you pay that much

still tho why pay 20 bucks dvery month to grind for hours and rarely have actual fun

halve that and youre being realistic. oh & cmon now, you rlly think they arent having fun? MMOs are a social platform. its not like we are talking about league of legends gamers here who literally are stuck playing a game they do not realize they do not enjoy.
you fail to realize you can just pause your sub too if youre not in the mood for MMO, its not like i started a blood pact with Square Enix to sell my soul so DPS players have a Healer they can rely on.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:08:54 AM by Unimproved »

just buy a regular game dude, if it's on sale you've already broke even

just buy a regular game dude, if it's on sale you've already broke even
because a one-time payment game is always better than a subscription model game?
ive paid about 120 dollars for FFXIV, now count how many one-time payment games are below FFXIV in terms of dollar per hour value: https://steamcommunity.com/id/3D_Bat/games/?tab=all

quote this in 5-10 years when games as a service becomes a dominant model for AAA titles

^quote this in 5-10 years when i'm hopefully wrong
I think you mean 1-3 years seeing as it's coming sooner that you think.

We already have Ubisoft doing games as a service as well as EA

I think you mean 1-3 years seeing as it's coming sooner that you think.

We already have Ubisoft doing games as a service as well as EA
Microsoft too, with Xbox Game Pass. Really not looking forward to this becoming a trend.

still tho why pay 20 bucks dvery month to grind for hours and rarely have actual fun
damn you must have played some stuffty ass MMOs, F

i play spiral knights sometimes

i thought about it and im about to get back into it!!!!!

i like fer.al, it has a bootleg bejeweled minigame.
i tried neverwinter and liked it a lot but when i tried to get my boyfriend to play it i broke the tutorial and never touched it again
reinstalled warframe recently but haven't gotten around to actually launching it.