Author Topic: What MMO/large scale multiplayer game do you usually play?  (Read 3591 times)

i saw the trailer for it in youtube recommendations; there's a half-second clip of the bejeweled clone, so i immediately went to install. and yes, i draw furry research. :cookieMonster:

i draw furry research.
blockland really does something to a man, doesnt it

imagine having to pay every year for a game
late but i gotta agree. sure you'd be paying for updates on the game and all, but i'd still rather just play a game you only pay for once. overwatch, for example, gives many updates and i only had to pay for the game once. there's drawbacks to games without subscriptions, and i do pay for a month of wow classic every now and then, but in most cases ill always pick the free/payforonce games over the subs. i'd felt like i've wasted my money if i got bored and wanted to take a temporary break from a game before the sub ended.

Any of you play Uncharted Waters Online? I remember the merchant/trading side was deep as stuff and a lot of fun. I quit when they got bought out the second time.

seems like the main one i keep coming back to is realm of the mad god
such a fun time

damn you must have played some stuffty ass MMOs, F
im fairly sure he actually hasnt and is going entirely off his assumptions of how they work/feel to play given he somehow assumed it typically is $60 a month for a subscription

I play with Old School Runescape membership for free. I can make enough in-game gold in a day to pay for 15 days of membership ($7 value.)

I play with Old School Runescape membership for free. I can make enough in-game gold in a day to pay for 15 days of membership ($7 value.)
can confirm, this is a professional gamer

im fairly sure he actually hasnt and is going entirely off his assumptions of how they work/feel to play given he somehow assumed it typically is $60 a month for a subscription
not unlikely but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt cus some mmos really do be like that. plus some people just don't like RPGs in general, which is totally fair. when i first played ffxiv me and my friends were all frustrated by how slow it felt to get to more interesting content, but with the patch dropping today they're actually gonna be compressing the base game a ton.

Speaking Of Which if anyone hasn't tried FFXIV, or if you have but never got into the expansions, starting tomorrow/today (aug 11), the free trial will include the entire base game PLUS the first expansion. Sixty loving Levels of the game, worth at least a month or two of playtime and you get to do it for free. for reference, currently i think the free trial goes to like lv35 or something? which is maybe halfway through the base game. would highly recommend cus i think ffxiv is genuinely one of the the best mmos out there right now (I havent tried Guild Wars. I havent tried many MMOs. But I Like this one :) )

thats dope. i went back to rs3 recently and was pretty disappointed to see the economy is dogstuff, made me want to try out osrs, but startin over without all the baby mode quick-leveling features of rs3 is spooky
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 02:02:39 AM by otto-san »