New George Floyd footage from his previous arrest

Author Topic: New George Floyd footage from his previous arrest  (Read 3488 times)

look matthew its not anyone else's problem you failed school thats on you my nig

don't zoom into silleb's post worst mistake of my life

"Posting Face Pics and Condescending Adhominim attacks"
A child's guide to arguments on the internet.

grug no understand unga bunga bar graph

Imagine believing that pulling funding or outright disbanding police is going to make this stuff better lmfao.

It's also funny how anytime an opposing opinion confronts a leftist, the first thing they do is act like condescending starfishs and wonder why no one wants to deal with them.

Sucks that we have to, but no one likes dealing with superiority complexes.

dude don't post that now he's excited

why that baby crying so hard wtf

A graph made to look misleading is a graph made to look misleading.
There are no married bachelors.
This is really simple. I understand what the graph is saying, and how it is put together. I think data should stand on its own, not on the pedestal of things that force narratives onto the information.
In the case of the big orange bar graph, the data does stand on its own. However, none of you guys I assume are on the left will admit that the graph is leading viewers to draw the conclusions they want because you agree with the narrative.
Whether or not the information is true is irrelevant.

I think data should stand on its own, not on the pedestal of things that force narratives onto the information.

I think you’re confusing data interpretation with forcing a narrative. The orange graph didn’t present any conclusions, it simply presented the data- there was no narrative being forced whatsoever. Anyway, data doesn’t exist in a vacuum, it needs to be interpreted to be useful.

And saying that the truthfulness of information is irrelevant just doesn’t make sense at all, it  obviously does matter whether data is accurate and true

truth matters, but so does the data left out of the displayed graph. if you get to cherrypick data you can come to some crazy conclusions that make no sense.

that said complaining about the graph being misleading due to which bar was at the top or the fact it was ordered by bar size is kinda smallbrain. the point of ordering by bar size is to make it clear which groups are the most to least affected, and also help viewers see the size of the difference going down/up the groups

im not disputing whether or not misleading graphs are bad, just that those specific ones you were complaining about look perfectly fine to me (someone who has taken a data science class before and been exposed to common misleading graph techniques)

A graph made to look misleading is a graph made to look misleading.
There are no married bachelors.
This is really simple. I understand what the graph is saying, and how it is put together. I think data should stand on its own, not on the pedestal of things that force narratives onto the information.
In the case of the big orange bar graph, the data does stand on its own. However, none of you guys I assume are on the left will admit that the graph is leading viewers to draw the conclusions they want because you agree with the narrative.
instead of complaining about a graph being sorted by the magnitude of its results, why don't you address the issue? that there's a double-digit difference in crime, poverty, and income between two people with different levels of melanin? or do you truly believe that the source of poverty (being the source of crime) is not in fact the subhuman wages paired with high expectations upheld by a discriminatory system and no tangible assistance to lift marginalized groups from their unjust position? this is the "uncomfortable truth" that was referred to earlier in this thread. the significant discrepancies between races are numerical, statistical evidence that the efforts enacted to unmake a tribal system haven't been nearly enough, and backwards ass ideals are continuously pushing against such aid.

I don't know how much clearer it can be when people are declining to work because the minimal aid given by the government is worth more than working two jobs, the problem isn't that the substandard welfare checks are too high, but that wages are regulated far too low for the working man to be sustained weighing up to steep rent and bills seen in modern america. the only valid reasons to not raise wages are that there's an economic loss to businesses, which is already compensated by government contracts, and risk of inflation, which rises regardless in new republican leadership since they've completely abandoned fiscal conservatism--this being quoted from rand paul and ted cruz. if you don't want to fight poverty or systemic racism, just say so. don't cop out with circular reasoning and antiquated policy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:47:32 PM by Drydess »

anyways arrest the murderers of breonna taylor

i completely agree with drydess. wipe out the broken welfare system forcing black people into poverty and use that leftover cash to increase job awareness and fund the education system.

on that note, we should wipe out affirmative action; it's one of the biggest reasons black people are so negatively affected