what is the worst/best default save

Author Topic: what is the worst/best default save  (Read 4386 times)

luv me afghan dm. fuk demo house >:(

best absolutely arch of constantine. bedroom worst
imagine making an entire replica of the bedroom map out of bricks only for some guy to call it the worst save lol

imagine making an entire replica of the bedroom map out of bricks

imagine bedroom

who has a room just for their bed LOL

A lot of the default builds were made during the game's beta, so I feel like they at least have some historical value, and had they never became default, some may have never seen the light of day. I honestly can't choose off the top of my head, so I'm just gonna go through each one and try to determine which ones I like the most and which ones I like the least;
  • Arch of Constantine - A good build, no complaints.
  • DM Church - It has some interesting history behind it, but I've never really liked it all that much. It's honestly quite spammy in some areas and just doesn't look that great.
  • Facechild's House - A build from beta, it's alright, but it doesn't have much too it. Still a lot better than Facechild's House in Beta City
  • Fort Papa - It's okay, but honestly 1x2f's are not a good choice for such a large build.
  • Kaje's Castle - Another beta build. It's small, but cute. I like the couple of secrets it has.
  • Mansion - Yet another build from beta. It's pretty big, but at the same time, the exterior is incredibly plain.
  • BLOKO Blupo - Very cute and clever idea. I'm a big fan of the bucket.
  • Demo Fort - It's cute for what it is.
  • Haunted House - I assume this build is from beta, seeing as it has no credits, but it's not too interesting and is kinda hard to find.
  • Horse Race - Yet another beta build. From first glance it looks pretty cute, but upon further inspection, the castle walls were never fixed, so their positioning is off. The fences had pretty much no thought put into their placement, having stacks of 1x2's and 1x3's to fill in the gaps.
  • Town - Yet another beta build. I've always quite liked the style of this one, though I was pretty disappointed that none of the buildings had interiors.
  • Afghanistan DM - A nice large build with a lot going on. Always had fun exploring this, even if it did end up becoming a bit overused.
  • C.T.F. Battle Grounds - Never really used this for anything, but it's okay I suppose.
  • Crysta Castle - Pretty nice. I quite like the library and the dungeon with the secret pathway.
  • Demo Blockland Sign - What you see is what you get. Though this is another build from Beta, granted it's a much smaller part of a bigger build that we never got.
  • Festung der Schwarzung - It's weird and I never saw much use for it. I still like it nonetheless.
  • Golden Gate Bridge - A truly impressive build. One for it's scale and two for the amount of secrets inside the supports.
  • Ice Palace - Yet another build from beta, I've always quite liked the design of it, though the distance from spawn does get old after a while.
  • Maze - Yet another build from beta. It is what it is, but it's one of those builds that you see once and then you never load it again. I imagine it was fun during Beta which is what led it to be included.
  • Mr. Block's Slides - Good fun, but it's unfinished. The creator did come back and finished the build once and for all, even adding teledoors for each level.
  • Pyramid - Simple and kinda boring.
  • The Bedroom - It's neat for what it is, but honestly Demian's recreation is just so much better.
  • Beta City 16 - A classic. Pretty much the defining build of the beta. It's got a lot of history to it, and a lot of quirks as well. I hope one day we can get a hold of some other versions of it, I.E. before the Train Station was converted into a Monorail Station, or when it was just the bridge with no station at all.
  • Building 6 - Yet another beta build. I've never really liked this build. It's big, bland, and completely empty.
  • Pirate World - Yet another beta build (Well the ship is at least) I really like how this build makes use of the Kitchen's secrets, and it's a pretty unique build.
  • ACM City - I've always adored this one, due to how it perfectly replicates the LEGO Style. It honestly never get's old seeing this build.
  • Two Ships - Well, they're ships, and there's two of them. Not sure what else to say. They're good builds but pretty small for a proper DM imho.
  • Demo House - I absolutely loath this build. Not for the actual build itself, it's a good demonstration of what you can do in Blockland. I moreso hate it because everybody seems to feel the need to replicate it on freebuilds and blockparties.
  • Cottage - Pretty cute little house. I'll admit that I've duped it a few times for my server when I was younger.
  • Apartment - Pretty disappointing. I was under the impression it would be an actual full apartment building and not just some facade. I will give it credit though, despite being a facade, it's a decent facade at that.
  • Gazebo Garden - Meh, the gazebo is cool I guess, but there's not much else to it.
  • Demo Midi Sequencer - A cool demonstration of what you can do with events.
  • Demo Pong - Another cool demonstration of what you can do with events, though it's super easy to cheat on.
  • A.T.C. Fort - Yet another build I really like. Gives off a nice LEGO Knights vibe. I would like to also mention that there's a message hidden inside which says "Steal this and I'll find you". Kinda ironic, wouldn't you think?
  • Sirrus Military Compound - I imagine this was cool in v9, but it's just so basic nowadays. Not to mention that it's missing some events so not all of it works properly.
  • Jetpuff's Towers - Kinda like apartments, but a lot cooler looking.

So in the end I'd have to say
Best: Golden Gate Bridge for how unique it is.
Worst: Demo House Building 6, mostly because of how bland and empty it is.

i really liked how the save Town from the kitchen, nice classic beta build

worst is maze

HE HE HE

didnt have to tell us ur life story
Didn't have to be a richard!

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks apartment sucks ass

where's some love for the demo fort
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 06:05:51 PM by Luigi609² »

i am seeing builds that i havent even thought of in 8 years