U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 260167 times)

name checks out

Uhh yea my name isn't an ethnicity thing, not that I don't see it could seem like it but its just never come up as far as I remember.

most of the difference between a legal and illegal immigrant is how long they decided to wait for a visa which they may or may not be able to request. albert einstein was one of thousands of legal and illegal jewish people coming from germany. he was visiting the states and didn't go back to germany after war started for fairly obvious reasons. one of the people who have affected the entire human race forever is quite literally an illegal immigrant.

earlier someone had mentioned that most of the immigration practices are because politicians just need scapegoats, similar to the war on drugs. like, something happens in an area so they can just say 'hey look at all the colored people. you should hate them. we're going to make them suffer now in a camp because you hate them now because they're making (x) happen'
So your argument for people to just be able to waltz into the country unchecked is "m-muh einstein!!"? Get a grip dude, no other country lets people just waltz in unchecked - why is it expected that America lets you do so?

All I have to say is that we should tear down up the entirety of the railroad system because it was built by slaves and stands as a nationwide monument to oriental slavery.

Actually nevermind Chinese slavery isn't important right?
Ah yes let's just destroy a critical part of our transportation system especially in terms of transferring goods/product. While we're at it why not destroy the pyramids, or other ancient spectacles of history? The world is your oyster!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:02:58 AM by Mr. Bones »

Uhh yea my name isn't an ethnicity thing, not that I don't see it could seem like it but its just never come up as far as I remember.
he was referring to you treating things in a black or white manner. eg equating “removing statues due to tainted history” with “removing critical infrastructure due to tainted history”

i literally never knew there was millions of muslims landing in the continental united states, europe is an entirely different place wtf are you talking about
i gave the european refugee crCIA as an example of what happens when a bunch of woketards takes a group of undocumented people into their country, in that case, the people were islamists, who have a culture that greatly differs from ours (in a very explosive way :3)

we don't want unchecked/undocumented people in our country, as they can be a great danger to us (like the muslim refugees in europe)
we need to know their background, state their intentions, and if they're going to contribute to the US of A

legal immigration is the way to go folks :D

i dislike tearing down anything because of "tainted history." just because you dislike a bit of history doesn't mean you can just remove it, especially considering what the whole purpose of teaching people history is.

So your argument for people to just be able to waltz into the country unchecked is "m-muh einstein!!"? Get a grip dude, no other country lets people just waltz in unchecked - why is it expected that America lets you do so?
what will these people 'waltzing in unchecked' do to you though? the current way isn't to make it easier to confirm that people are perfectly safe to enter but rather to lock everyone out of the country for an indefinite amount of time, for little to no reason

what will these people 'waltzing in unchecked' do to you though?
i dont think people are worried about what will happen to them on an individual personal level, its more about what will happen to others around us and our community / country. i personally dont want my hometowns (or any town in my country for that matter) turning to stuff and peoples lives being ruined for goodboy points.

if we accept immigrants in masse unchecked, chances are the majority will be coming from mexico and select places in south america.

if i had to guess, i would assume you probably think its a meme that cartels have a sturdy grip on Mexico, but the truth is that they really do. im not going to go as far as to claim the drug cartels OWN Mexico, but they certainly have more influence than any violent cartel should have over their country. theres this really cool youtuber i watch called O.G. Shadow Offical. hes ex-cartel and talks a lot about how the underground in Mexico works, how drug trade and immigration works and how the cartels have their hands in it. look him up if you wanna hear some insight into that kind of world.

you dont want these people just coming in unchecked. especially when you see and hear about the stuff they do to people. you have no idea who or what you're letting in.

if you lock your front door at night or have a lock on your door period, its probably because you dont want people you dont trust or just literal strangers coming into your house, right? why is the country any different?

the current way isn't to make it easier to confirm that people are perfectly safe to enter but rather to lock everyone out of the country for an indefinite amount of time, for little to no reason
so is your solution to encourage illegal immigration? which the act alone is dangerous? why are you against the idea of improving the legal vetting process we currently have to be faster and more efficient? why does it bother you that people care about who is allowed here?

is there any middle ground to be met here? 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:04:42 AM by mod-man »

yes, the middle ground is to streamline the immigration process so there isnt a 10 year waiting list for anyone who isnt some nobel prize winner or incredibly famous

also the net immigration from mexico (illegal and legal) was actually negative 100k per year for a while during obamas time, and since 2012 immigration overall has been significantly down compared to pre-2010. i wouldnt put the responsibility of this trend on Annoying Orange though as it was already trending down prior to him taking office, and he hasnt done anything to curb immigration from non-central-american countries, which in total is the largest source of immigrants (legal and illegal) currently.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:38:58 AM by Conan »

yes, the middle ground is to streamline the immigration process so there isnt a 10 year waiting list for anyone who isnt some nobel prize winner or incredibly famous
i dont think thats the middle ground. thats you and me agreeing that we both want the same outcome. a legal immigration process that is easily accessible and time appropriate. i dont think theres many people that would disagree this is a good thing to strive for.

the middle ground is found in how you intend to carry out this streamlining process. what exactly does "streamlining" immigration look like to you? what are you proposing should happen to make this process shorter and better? reform N-400/N-445 forms? crack down on wait times? what would you propose to enforce that? whats taken into consideration to enforce that? at some point in time are you going to get rid of this process all together? are you going to come up with something entirely new?

i don't think i've heard what exactly people think better border control looks like. i know it doesnt involve ICE and its unclear whether it involves borders at all. what does it look like? where can i read what changes people ACTUALLY intend to make?

yeah thats the middle ground i was referring to - the choices and policies that would be debated to include in the process of streamlining immigration. inevitably there will be significant debate over how and what an immigrant must be vetted for to be legally let in.

if you’re asking my personal opinion, i would advocate for increasing the annual immigration caps as that seems to be the biggest factor influencing the current 10 year wait. and maybe a less involved background check for people within certain demographics to help reduce the resulting increased load on immigration personnel

that said im certain theres hardliners who dont think a 10 year waiting list is all that bad, and that conservatives as a group may not see any issue in the current immigration process.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:46:46 PM by Conan »

it's their parent's fault for seeking a better place for them and their family to live? and, here's the kicker, you're saying that you think this is entirely being done because of prejudice?

This is such a braindead attempt at an emotional gotcha

People rob stuff trying to feed their family, they still robbed something, dumbforget

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:39:43 PM by Aide33 »

he was referring to you treating things in a black or white manner. eg equating “removing statues due to tainted history” with “removing critical infrastructure due to tainted history”

Oh that makes sense, I guess I didn't think of that because I wasn't being serious, I just heard someone say something along those lines.