U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235020 times)

Ghislaine Maxwell trial is underway. jurors have been selected and the trial is on track to formally begin on the 29th. it wont be televised due to it being a federal trial and mainstream media is not really talking about as expected.

if you want to listen to the trial, follow these instructions. the next trial date is November 29th, 2021 at 9am EST(?)

also people have been bringing this document up a lot. newsweek told me a judge ruled it as "frivolous" and has dismissed the case, and with a list of a defendants like that i guess i cant really blame them

33. The City of New Yok;

Funny typos aside, holy stuff. The entire establishment hollywood industry got jumped on at light speed. They must be loving terrified.

They’re not terrified. They have a lot of documents that limit certain organizations and they have never not overstepped their boundaries.

Next news topic. There's a new coronavirus variant that popped up this month in South Africa... Omicron variant. Potentially more dangerous than Delta with early evidence suggesting that it carries an increased risk of reinfection.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 06:26:57 PM by stargatefan »

always another variant. More scare to fuel the hype fire. More blame to push.
Our modern government creates a problem, and offers a prepared solution.
The solution sometimes solves the problem but always advances the agenda in the backround.

but hey, im sure vaccines work on this new variant. And since it came from africa and not US our lockdown must be working. Kudos to US.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 11:11:49 PM by soldier101@ »

*Sigh*

How exactly did the modern government create this problem?

Do you think that preventable Covid-cased flooding hospitals is hype?

Do you think that because African countries don't have similar access to vaccines, the western countries shouldn't bother?

Any infection can produce the next major variant, so any prevented infection reduces the chances.
All of these occurrences have been considered possible and have even been expected.

This anti-vaccine derangement is only going to make the situation worse.

its not that vaccines dont work, its that the US is literally hoarding them. the rest of the world is literally just vibing constantly infected over and over by the millions breeding new variants because the US doesn't want to wave the patent/give it away for free

south africa is like 35% vaccinated so you draw your own conclusions

*Sigh*

How exactly did the modern government create this problem?
https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-admits-us-funded-gain-of-function-in-wuhan-despite-faucis-repeated-denials/
The National Institutes of Health has stunningly admitted to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China’s Wuhan lab — despite Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that no such thing happened.

The admission from the NIH official directly contradicts Fauci’s testimony to Congress in May and July, when he denied the US had funded gain-of-function projects in Wuhan.

For one, they enabled this to happen by negligently funding research that was declared unlawful for good reason.
And strengthens the theory this was a Lab Leak and not the bs Bat Story China keeps trying to push.

Ask this question. What's so much worse that China, an authoritarian government, would rather you believe their people ate bat soup?

Whether or not Lab Leak is real, there's no way the Bat Story was real. If it were, China would've hid it to save face.

Do you think that preventable Covid-cased flooding hospitals is hype?
Covid-cases flooding hospitals is an area-by-area basis. The media has broken the trust of the average person over the years.

Most places you go to a hospital in the US, it won't be like this. But in large urban centers, and even suburban areas, it will be.
However 99% of the US is Rural or Rural-suburbia, and the majority of the covid deniers are also Rural or Rural-suburbia.

Do you think that because African countries don't have similar access to vaccines, the western countries shouldn't bother?

Any infection can produce the next major variant, so any prevented infection reduces the chances.
All of these occurrences have been considered possible and have even been expected.

its not that vaccines dont work, its that the US is literally hoarding them. the rest of the world is literally just vibing constantly infected over and over by the millions breeding new variants because the US doesn't want to wave the patent/give it away for free

south africa is like 35% vaccinated so you draw your own conclusions

This, 100%. It's not 100% about the money though. It's also about power and control. Pandemic-era lockdowns and regulations have made buck, sure.
But they also are great for power grabbing sociopaths.

This anti-vaccine derangement is only going to make the situation worse.

On this I agree, and in a counter-intuitive position I think this is also intentionally being caused by the same people who are pro-vaccine.

For SEVERAL reasons:

First, vaccination has become a political identifier. Typically Republican unvaccinated, Democrat vaccinated. Or more aptly, Anti-Establishment unvaccinated, Establishment Vaccinated.
Even republicans are vaccinated, but it's typically the Annoying Orange-publicans who are not. And Annoying Orange's base has been split down the middle by the man himself. While Annoying Orange his Pro-Vaccine,
more than half of his supporters are not.

Second, Vaccination makes $$$. Seriously, a booster shot ever 6 to 8 months? That's $$$ every single time.

Third, It's a power grabbing tool, by both sides. Establishment politicians can use the fear to get votes in their favor.
And Anti-Establishment voters can do the same. This is why both sides see their own party as a roadblock and not activists,
while the opposing party is going 'insane'. Because both parties are doing the insane stuff, we negligently allow to go on in our
own sides, but demonize in the other.

Finally, it prolongs the situation. By having people unvaccinated to that level, it means that this pandemic can go on indefinitely.
Indefinite pandemic means indefinite $$$.

The government will not fix this situation. And to those not new to politics, this should be no surprise.
Every problem the people have is an opportunity for a politician to win an election. Why would they
fix the problem? All they have to do is mutually agree to be the opposers roadblock, pass laws that
give them political longevity, but not actually solve the issue. And blame the other when the
problem isn't solved.

If your the person going "both parties are bad, but X party is worse" you've fallen into the trap.
I have too. Many people have. It's easy to see one evil as worse than another and decide that
you can ignore the lesser. And certainly one evil may be worse. But that's not the problem or
the point. By turning a blind eye to a lesser evil, you are playing into a basic psychological gambit.

The big ask. Or the bait and switch.

Propose one unbearable evil, typically controversial, and paint the other's unbearable evil as worse.
Use this to allow your bearable evils to pass.

Simple, easy, manipulation.

That's what's going on here.

"There are Heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere."
And evil certainly does triumph when good citizens do nothing.
but the greatest trick of all, is to convince someone they're not doing nothing in the face of evil.

Trading one evil for another is no bargain. It's Self Delete.

Regarding the NYPost article:
Gain of function research means the development and modification of an organism in the pursuit of a new property or enhancing an existing one. What the Wuhan lab did could be considered as such, though assigning malicious intent is speculative. SARS-Cov1 was the reason the research was committed, they wanted to find out the method through which the virus jumped to humans. There is no concrete evidence toward the lab leak theory besides the fact that the lab was near the point of origin.

I recommend Potholer's videos: "Did SARS-Cov-2 start in a Chinese lab?" and "More "man-made" SARS-CoV-2 lab-leak malarky" at 3:32 (This addresses the nypost article's source)

As for the vaccine hoarding:
I agree, the US and other western countries should waive the patents.

Now about the lesser of two evils argument. I only think it is valid because there is no other way out of the trap. Not voting wont help, voting the party you hate more is stupid and voting third party wont work. Voting the least bad feasible party on the other hand is going to give you the best chances of making progress.

But now I'm curious. How would you solve the issue Matthew?

Regarding the NYPost article:
Gain of function research means the development and modification of an organism in the pursuit of a new property or enhancing an existing one. What the Wuhan lab did could be considered as such, though assigning malicious intent is speculative. SARS-Cov1 was the reason the research was committed, they wanted to find out the method through which the virus jumped to humans. There is no concrete evidence toward the lab leak theory besides the fact that the lab was near the point of origin.

I recommend Potholer's videos: "Did SARS-Cov-2 start in a Chinese lab?" and "More "man-made" SARS-CoV-2 lab-leak malarky" at 3:32 (This addresses the nypost article's source)
This is clever writing.

"What the Wuhan lab did could be considered as such, though assigning malicious intent is speculative."
This is a misdirection to degrade the idea that the Wuhan lab was partaking in gain of
function research. Which is the most vital point here. We are concerned this virus was created by
humans. Whether it be malice or ignorance, this virus has killed millions.

Now this next one is an interesting statement. And by interesting, I mean poisoning the well.
"There is no concrete evidence toward the lab leak theory"
"besides the fact that the lab was near the point of origin."
I hope by splitting this in two, the idea of what was done here is obvious.

"There is no undeniable evidence toward the lab leak theory, besides this undeniable evidence."

This isn't saying there is no evidence, just that there is no "concrete" evidence with the exception of
a single piece of evidence. Which is written in such a way to downplay that piece of evidence.

The undeniable evidence is the lab used viruses originating from bats to conduct gain of function
research in the area where the virus originated. And the immediate claim was that the virus
came from "bat soup".

As for the vaccine hoarding:
I agree, the US and other western countries should waive the patents.

Now about the lesser of two evils argument. I only think it is valid because there is no other way out of the trap. Not voting wont help, voting the party you hate more is stupid and voting third party wont work. Voting the least bad feasible party on the other hand is going to give you the best chances of making progress.

But now I'm curious. How would you solve the issue Matthew?
The best choice is the most difficult one.

We who want change, actual positive change, don't stand up and run for office.
We fear becoming that which we hate, which is understandable.

But the best option, may not be a direct one.

Politics reflects a culture. Our culture is distrustful, bitter, prideful and arrogant.
Our politicians are very much the same.

But the most concerning emotion, is what I hear alot, but one I hear explained in depth very little.

Hatred. Hatred is commonly used in the context of Racial Hatred, or Ethnic Hatred.
But that's not the most prevalent hatred. The most common Hatred, is Hatred of Hatred.

Which is in the same issue of not seeing the evil. It is justified, understandable, and logical
To hate hatred. But hatred is a blinding emotional set.

Hatred is the combination of anger, vengeance, pleasure and sometimes pride.

However those emotions are all relating toward either an individual or anyone who meets the arbitrary criteria of a specific character.

Hatred of hatred is still hatred itself.

To hate, is to cast away forgiveness, but more importantly, reason.

What if you're wrong? What if the character you hate is not the reality of the individual or group's real merit?
That's not something considered in hatred. Hatred is broken, when that certainty is broken.

The best course of action, is to get people to look in the mirror. Recognize that hatred of any kind, is not helping anyone.

That is not to say we should ignore those who hate senselessly. Infact, the whole point of the sentence is to take action. 

The easy path is vengeance, the difficult path is justice.

Voting alone, will not solve this. Culture change must come before political change.

fascinating, the "news" is finally catching up to reality.

I think the news is just acknowledging past things so people don’t look into what is happening now. What horror could be greater than corona
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:55:58 AM by soldier101@ »

Voting alone, will not solve this. Culture change must come before political change.
master matthew, closer than ever to becoming a marxist-leninist

master matthew, closer than ever to becoming a marxist-leninist
Marxist or not it’s ridiculous. This whole thing is reminiscent of a “be better” speech with no actual explanation on how to be better other than listening and agreeing with Mathew.