U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235010 times)

NEWS: Master Matthew IGNORES Ghislaine Maxwell's Trial, Focuses on BIDEN
child enthusiasts are birds of a feather

child enthusiasts are birds of a feather
Holy cow is mathew a creep? Pretty big if true

And now the debate has started on where Omicron came from. A few scientists have suggested that the variant came from rodents that were infected with covid back in 2020 and that the virus made the jump back to humans, which is why there are so many mutations to the virus and why it lacks some of the mutations that Delta has as it came from an earlier variant. Then we have other scientists saying that the virus must have come from a single immuno-compromised person and that vaccination will be the only way to end the pandemic, and pretty much dismissing the possiblity of a cross species infection being the source... Is it just me, or are some of these scientists beginning to sound like Jehovah's Witnesses? Only instead of them all being like "You need Jesus!" they're like "You need the vaccine!" No matter what evidence comes their way, their faith in the vaccine ending the pandemic does not waver, and if evidence comes along saying "Hey this may not work" like an infection that crossed species lines, they're like "Blasphemy! That contradicts our belief in the vaccine being an end game and will not be tolerated!"

And now the debate has started on where Omicron came from. A few scientists have suggested that the variant came from rodents that were infected with covid back in 2020 and that the virus made the jump back to humans, which is why there are so many mutations to the virus and why it lacks some of the mutations that Delta has as it came from an earlier variant.
you know multiple variants can mutate in parallel right? its not just a linear chain of mutations it can be a huge tree of random stuff happening. theres no 100% certainty to saying "because it lacks the mutations it comes from rodents back in 2020"
Then we have other scientists saying that the virus must have come from a single immuno-compromised person and that vaccination will be the only way to end the pandemic, and pretty much dismissing the possiblity of a cross species infection being the source...
those two statements arent even logically conclusive with eachother, either you completely misunderstood their point or you are straw manning them.

in both scenarios you highlighted, the logical thing to do is to push vaccination because all the variants we have discovered so far haven't significantly altered the spike protein to the point where the vaccine is 0% effective.

more people vaccinated -> less chance of people spreading it -> less people have it -> less chance of mutations

i do not see how a cross-species infection would contradict that lol

you know multiple variants can mutate in parallel right? its not just a linear chain of mutations it can be a huge tree of random stuff happening. theres no 100% certainty to saying "because it lacks the mutations it comes from rodents back in 2020"those two statements arent even logically conclusive with eachother, either you completely misunderstood their point or you are straw manning them.

in both scenarios you highlighted, the logical thing to do is to push vaccination because all the variants we have discovered so far haven't significantly altered the spike protein to the point where the vaccine is 0% effective.

more people vaccinated -> less chance of people spreading it -> less people have it -> less chance of mutations

i do not see how a cross-species infection would contradict that lol

The major issue most people have is the open secret that most nations, politicians and world leaders seem to believe they can either walk toward, or even actively enforce
the idea that they need to lockdown their nations, or areas they control until "The Pandemic is over".

These are multiple, very vague pieces of criteria.

By who's authority will the Pandemic be deemed over? Why would locking down be necessary or helpful? Do we have data that fully suggests this?
Does the data account for loss of life or loss of quality of life by other factors of the lockdown?

Next, what would end the Pandemic?

Many powerful individuals claimed the pandemic would be over when arbitrary vaccination percentages were reached. As those percentages approached those goals, suddenly data came out suggesting vaccines were temporary in their effectiveness. Then the percentage goals were either altered or ignored.

Prior to this, it was that the pandemic would be over when vaccinations were available. And prior to that it was a set date that had been pushed back several times depending on your local area. And way, way prior to that it was "15 days to slow the spread."

It's not out of reach to believe the next claim will be we need everybody vaccinated. And then after that we need every animal to be either vaccinated or for covid to be eradicated.

It really seems like they're dragging out each and every step as an excuse to keep restrictions in place. Whether they be the very minor Mask Mandates or flat out Lockdowns.
Everytime we reach a goal, the goals change.

Covid is not going away, nor will it be eradicated. And blaming the people who've had their trust fully shaken by people who've consistently moved goalposts on their promises of lock downs isn't helping us.

We all have the same goal right now, whether we realize it or not. And that is "Getting back to Normal."

But we have two camps of the solution today.

End the lock downs and eventually the covid situation just be like the flu situation. People will die from it, that's just how statistical probabilities work.
but overwhelmingly most will not.

Or keep this going until covid goes away, because it's the right way.

I understand why people think the latter is sensible. Because in that logical situation, no one dies from covid and everyone lives.
But that's a very narrow and uninformed view. Under that path, we hand the power of deciding "when covid is over" to the government.
And that would likely mean covid will either never be over, or the restrictions from covid will never be fully removed.

Consider a world where, despite the fact we "defeated" covid and ended the pandemic, we still would need to have vaccination passports,
masks, and other covid era restrictions.

That world is the one where we keep on playing ball with the people who put their goalposts on wheels.

Covid is dangerous, and everyone wants it to be over. But if we wait for the government to tell us it's over.
We won't ever go back to normal. This will end up being the new normal.

TLDR: global agenda, global elite, the game was rigged from the start.
What else is new?

it's literally just a carrot on a stick, always has been.

I'm hearing a lot of complaints, yet no alternate solutions. So long as covid is a danger, society needs to act in a responsible manner to prevent further outbreaks and deaths. The vaccine passports will be necessary until covid is either eradicated or has mutated into a sufficiently harmless form.

The pandemic will be over when the restrictions are mostly over. I wouldn't call a pre-covid society with vaccine passports a pandemic.

Then there's the grandstanding. Do you think that scientists didn't expect mutations and new variants? Have officials not said that the restrictions depend on the covid situation? The goalpost moving was what was expected. The promises of the pandemic ending if people followed the restrictions weren't lies, people didn't follow the restrictions. Even disregarding all that, viruses and pandemics in this modern and connected world are new issues that don't have much precedent, so expecting a perfect job is unreasonable.

I'm hearing a lot of complaints, yet no alternate solutions. So long as covid is a danger, society needs to act in a responsible manner to prevent further outbreaks and deaths. The vaccine passports will be necessary until covid is either eradicated or has mutated into a sufficiently harmless form.
The solution is to keep on living, drop the restrictions and accept reality.
Covid will never fully go away. And we can't keep living like it's the end of the world forever.
We can't keep having the economy shuttered because one corner of the government says it's the best.

Government needs to balance between more than just Science.
Social, Historical, Moral, Utility and Financial are all vital parts of keeping a country running.

Certainly the Science says less covid = more life. But that's just the study on covid alone.
No scientist has the means or even understanding to account for Social, and Financial
impacts of enacting lock downs and restrictions.

Science is one piece of the puzzle. We as a people can't keep acting like because someone looks at more than just
the science they're "unscientific" and therefore should be discredited.

If the virus is mutated into a "harmless form" what good is our survival if everything else has fallen?

The pandemic will be over when the restrictions are mostly over. I wouldn't call a pre-covid society with vaccine passports a pandemic.
And the restrictions won't be "mostly over" until the pandemic is "over". Both are vague and undefined values.
Easy to manipulate when you're a government official.

Then there's the grandstanding. Do you think that scientists didn't expect mutations and new variants? Have officials not said that the restrictions depend on the covid situation? The goalpost moving was what was expected. The promises of the pandemic ending if people followed the restrictions weren't lies, people didn't follow the restrictions. Even disregarding all that, viruses and pandemics in this modern and connected world are new issues that don't have much precedent, so expecting a perfect job is unreasonable.
The Government isn't all science, and nor should it be. Science only gives you the data of a set group of Hypothesis, which is usually narrowed down to a simple question.
"Does covid kill?" "how does Covid kill?" "Will enacting restrictions reduce the likelyhood of covid" etc..

But questions like "What will the effects of restrictions leave in the economy and society as a whole" aren't scientific hypothesis, they're far too vague to be quantified. But they're
important questions to ask in general.

The Government and the People aren't taking a balanced diet of all the necessary information to make an informed decision. We're strictly looking at Covid and what to do to stop Covid.
We're not asking what stopping Covid will do to other parts of the country.

Shutting down businesses has hurt the Economy.
Shutting down in-person education has hurt Society.
Letting politicians make the decisions of what restrictions are necessary, beyond what is even constitutional, has enabled Corruption.
Policy is separate from Science, and for good reason.

Science is quantitative, and must be. Science is about getting down to finite and logistical details.

But countries are more than Finite and Logical details, and that's just down to how many moving parts there are.

We're hurting ourselves more on everything by taking the responsibility out of people's hands and giving it to the government.
Yes, people are stupid and will do stupid things with the freedom inherited in that responsibility.

But the stupid people down here who are nobodies, are the same stupid people running the government.

mucho texto
Science is one thing.
Government many things.
Corona won't stop.

Just live your damn life.
Don't live for the Government.
I hate syllables.

So long as lifting restrictions is going to cause mass-excess deaths, then the lockdowns are necessary. Until the virus is eradicated or has mutated into sufficiently less-lethal variant, the pandemic will continue.

It all is about balancing the pros and cons of the restrictions, and until lifting the restrictions won't cause more damage than they prevent they must remain in place.

"Accepting reality" and killing tens of thousands of people is not a good idea.

"Accepting reality" and killing tens of thousands of people is not a good idea.
thats not that many