U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 259252 times)

i hope if you have kids, that you homeschool them, so when they grow up and enter the real world, they come to resent you as their lunatic seed spawn.

You likely imagine homeschool as this shelted house, without entry or exit.
Where children sit infront of the bible and learn about christ, jesus and how everyone else is a sinner.

But you ignore what exists.

A public school system that has failed their children by passing everyone and
helping no one.

Homeschool is an option. However it's far more accessible today than ever before.
It's better known as remote learning. It can now be a neighborhood of kids either
under one house or remotely learning, and socially interacting in reality. As long
as you have one teacher capable of understanding Pre-K through 12th-Grade
curriculum/willing to teach it alongside an online guide. Then homeschool is no
longer bible thumping bullstuff, so long as you are informed.
And so long as their are misinforming individuals who wish to see it die,
that will be difficult but not insurmountable to explain.

i hope if you have kids, that you homeschool them, so when they grow up and enter the real world, they come to resent you as their lunatic seed spawn.
As someone who was homeschooled, this. Homeschooling is 90% about control.

MM you want to force your kids to see your views, you're literally afraid of public schools because you think they can't make their own mind up and form their own opinions. Why do you assume your children would fall into some kind of perceived opinion if you yourself are so enlightened? Were you homeschooled?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 02:01:59 PM by Soukuw »

Public schools are nothing but grooming stations for the zeitgeist and anyone arguing otherwise just wants to groom kids to accept their narrative

That having been said, MY child will be homeschooled and I do indeed want them to accept my worldview, which is correct, and objectively superior to people who think cutting your richard off means you get to beat women to death with it as long as it's in a boxing match

With any luck I'll raise a small army of highly sensible, vaguely religious mixed kids who hate the government and love to homestead

Worst case scenario I'll just sell them

you're literally afraid of public schools because you think they can't make their own mind up and form their own opinions.
i think he’s afraid they WILL form their own opinions lol

As someone who was homeschooled, this. Homeschooling is 90% about control.

MM you want to force your kids to see your views, you're literally afraid of public schools because you think they can't make their own mind up and form their own opinions. Why do you assume your children would fall into some kind of perceived opinion if you yourself are so enlightened? Were you homeschooled?
i think he’s afraid they WILL form their own opinions lol

Asking adults to think critically without being prompted is not the same as asking children to do the same.

Children don't have the greater context to know they're being groomed and set up for failure by public schools.

it took a specific set of unicorn circumstances for me to break free.
I lived in the wild-west era of the internet. Establishment shills and bots hadn't taken control.
I got to read contradictory information without it being immediately erased, altered or otherwise manipulated.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 06:26:14 PM by Master Matthew² »

Asking adults to think critically without being prompted is not the same as asking children to do the same.

Children don't have the greater context to know they're being groomed and set up for failure by public schools.

it took a specific set of unicorn circumstances for me to break free.
I lived in the wild-west era of the internet. Establishment shills and bots hadn't taken control.
I got to read contradictory information without it being immediately erased, altered or otherwise manipulated.
Master Matthew: The Internet Enlightened.

What is the amazing era specifically you're speaking of?

Public schools are nothing but grooming stations for the zeitgeist and anyone arguing otherwise just wants to groom kids to accept their narrative

That having been said, MY child will be homeschooled and I do indeed want them to accept my worldview, which is correct, and objectively superior to people who think cutting your richard off means you get to beat women to death with it as long as it's in a boxing match

With any luck I'll raise a small army of highly sensible, vaguely religious mixed kids who hate the government and love to homestead

Worst case scenario I'll just sell them
you should definitely sell your kids lol.

there’s nothing wrong with homeschooling lol your children either adopt a mainstream doctrine or engage with a different one at home. speaking as someone who homeschooled for a few years there’s far more opportunity for engagement with less mainstream ideas when you’re not being taught a biblical public school story of good and evil

Master Matthew: The Internet Enlightened.

What is the amazing era specifically you're speaking of?
2005-2015
F in the chat for the Free and Fair Internet.

Basically things I don't want my children "Learning":

Being a race is good/bad.
Being a love is good/bad.
loveual Education before they're of age. (I.E. teaching 2nd and 3rd graders about love. that is Verifiably Wrong)
America as an absolute evil
1619 bullstuff
Critical Theory in any form. Keep your Marxist stuff away from them.
Clout Chasing

Things I Do want my children Learning:

How to run a business
How to file taxes
How to think, not what to think.
Actual Math (Recently I found out why educators decided to go for Common Core, and believe me it's pretty damn stupid.)
A History Education path that kinda works like Santa Claus. (Basically, the rosy, sugar coated history for when they're too young to hear about bloody gore and too uninformed to understand taxes. Then when they're old enough, shatter it by bringing in harsh reality and having them face the question, which history is correct, when it comes to contested history.)
Science
loving COMPUTERS GOD DAMN (Enough stupid ass education board members when I was growing up thought that computers and the internet were a fad and were gonna go away, so I had to learn everything on my own. Dipstuffs)
English

The fundamental issue with common core math, that it forces kids to learn math horizontally instead of vertically, stems from a loving STUPID thought process.

So, way, way late down the line in Math. Like Math Major in College down the line, mathematics requires you to not only care about what orientation but what order addition and multiplication are done in.
Not like PEMDAS. Like multiplying 4*3 vs 3*4. So to instill that idea early, for a group of people that may NEVER use that level of math, they force the kids to use that while they're learning.

Problem: It's a stuffty way to learn. There's no better way of wording it, sorry.

I've learned People who are Doctorates or Masters in their fields, with the exception of education, understand JACK stuff about educating people about their field.
You can't just plop down a combustion engine in front of an aspiring engineer and expect them to understand how it works. But that's exactly what common core
math is doing. It's teaching kids to learn lower level math, while expecting them to use higher level tactics.

This kind of brainlet decision making is exactly why I'm against public schooling. Jackasses who blindly believe they know better make dumbforget decisions that cause more
harm than good.

In order to be a decent Math Teacher. You can't just be a Mathematician. You need to be an Educator with a background in Mathematics.

But someone, somewhere decided that they only need to ask the Mathematician what they need to do in teaching math, because they don't understand what
they're doing.

You ask a Scientist a question, they'll give you a scientific answer.
You ask a Mathematician a question, they'll give you a mathematical answer.
You ask an Educator a question, they'll give you an education.

A Leader understands that they need a diverse set of ideas to make a well informed decision.
And I mean diverse in the old sense, not the SocJus sense.

That sense of leadership is lost among a group of Incompetent and Corrupt politicians.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:31:23 PM by Master Matthew² »

What the forget did I just read

So, way, way late down the line in Math. Like Math Major in College down the line, mathematics requires you to not only care about what orientation but what order addition and multiplication are done in.  Not like PEMDAS. Like multiplying 4*3 vs 3*4.
what?

what?
Yeah. It's more to do with matrices.
But the practice of remember ab = c is not the same as ba = c is
kind of important.

Problem is that practice needs to come after understanding basic addition and multiplication.

i dont think you should be talking about how education should be if you aren't well educated. it seems to me you have no clue how college level math works if you think they care about order of things for only arbitrary reasons that can't be conveyed to kids in a simplified form. and your example doesnt even make sense cause that's not a real example - no grade school math teacher should enforce something like that.

generally enforcing things like that is because kids don't know better, like "hold my hand when you cross the street" since they can't correctly determine or even are thinking if its safe to cross the road. if a kid says "no, i dont wanna" or "i get it but i know when its safe to cross" would you just believe them? in math, with doing things a certain way, you can end up making things a lot more difficult to solve or easier to mess up, which is why specific methods are enforced by teachers sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 03:36:39 PM by Conan »