Poll

Well, the time has come. Choose.

Be a child enthusiast or child enthusiast Sympathizer.
6 (33.3%)
Be Conservative.
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Mainstream Media defends child enthusiasts  (Read 2852 times)

I'm just saying, it could have been done better without actually putting those girls up on a stage and having them dance around in tight outfits

Like, there may be a good message behind this movie, but scenes like that just rile up the exact kind of people that this movie is about, it's an oxymoron, it's like actually murdering someone just to say that murdering is bad

It's not just about people being uncomfortable with it, it's straight-up unnecessary, morally wrong, and probably even nullifies it's message because they felt the need to loveualize little girls in the process

How can anyone take that message seriously???

it's also worth mentioning that this was a film directed at a french audience and with no controversy upon its release and received wide critical acclaim for its frankness on the issues of, for instance, giving smartphones to small children or leaving them too unsupervised.
you can say "creeps are bad!" all you want. the fact is that no one actually listens when you state self evident truths, and without making these issues clear people absolutely will continue to give their 7 year old a hand-me-down iphone 8, treat their kids with carrot free of stick, and put their kids into harm's way to try and make them happier just because they got a B on their history quiz. we have urban child enthusiasm and love trafficking issues in america, but it doesn't nearly scale to the issues to where the film was pointed.

if we censored all of our media to save our precious principles, we wouldn't have films like blazing saddles and jojo rabbit to tell us human stories of why these issues should be confronted rather than hidden.

All I got from this thread is that Drydess is a child enthusiast.

but once again, I really don't believe anyone would care about the film cuties if netflix hadn't marketed it for child enthusiasts, and I believe this because the film was mainstream for an entire month without a whim of controversy. they should be on food stamps for it.

reminder that matthew is also a child enthusiast

drydess youre a loving handicap and i can already see your 12 ton flab fingers hitting each key, typing out "yea bro i know aha" because you think it makes you look quirky and silly. either that, or just trying to piss me off.

also theres the possibility you'll reply with "bro how am i have the flab finger when im as heavy as a slice of cheese bro."

who was talking to you lol

it's also worth mentioning that this was a film directed at a french audience and with no controversy upon its release and received wide critical acclaim for its frankness on the issues of, for instance, giving smartphones to small children or leaving them too unsupervised.
The age of consent in France is also 15, the lowest in all of Europe next to the Vatican (14)

sorry that you're uncomfortable . . . ? do you need a safe space from that fact that this actually happens in real life?
Yes we know that child love rings and many other bad things exist, that doesn't mean anyone wants to see it first hand.
just bear in mind that you're not upset that kids are loveualized and coerced--you're upset that you're seeing it. get a grip on reality
You're seemingly surprised that people are disturbed when they see disturbing stuff, and yet we are the ones that need to get a grip with reality? lol

Also pretty much everyone on Earth is anti-child enthusiasm, not sure if you got the memo on that but yeah. People are upset about both things. Not sure what you're trying to argue exactly.

Dry has honestly become more of a degenerate than pie crust st this point.

Dunno what is going on in this stuffhole of a thread but,
It's literally only the media blaming the right for the backlash. Both sides are against that stuff. You can take a look on some "left-dominated" websites like Reddit and Twitter and you'll see that they are both against the movie.
Even if the message of the movie is against the overloveualization of children, which is nice but they forgeted up badly with the execution.

No because I'm a normal person and become disturbed when I see children doing loveual stuff
i mean its pretty much the default way to criticize something

how can you even know if its something that endorses child enthusiasm if you havent watched it

from what I have seen, its a film shot in a different cultural context thats extremely weird for american audiences. Even if the film is supposed to be a weird coming-of-age story, I think that the way the film makers made a bunch of children act out these things is really weird and honestly very tasteless. It makes me very uncomfortable that these children acted these things out. The really really weird thing is the intense editing they used to loveualise the children, I feel like that could've been avoided entirely yet they still did it.

I say all these things as someone who understand the cultural context (because I've consumed a lot of French media and it's my first language)

It reminds me of the dilemma that a lot of edgy films have when going over taboo topics: Is it still useful to have very graphic rape scenes in film? Is it fine to have intense graphic child abuse? Is it fine to have intense horrible depictions of like cannibalism or vore? Even if it's portrayed in a negative light(in the story) or CGI?

I think the film was insanely poorely executed for a worldwide audience and considering how it approached the topics it wanted to approach.

i mean its pretty much the default way to criticize something

how can you even know if its something that endorses child enthusiasm if you havent watched it

from what I have seen, its a film shot in a different cultural context thats extremely weird for american audiences. Even if the film is supposed to be a weird coming-of-age story, I think that the way the film makers made a bunch of children act out these things is really weird and honestly very tasteless. It makes me very uncomfortable that these children acted these things out. The really really weird thing is the intense editing they used to loveualise the children, I feel like that could've been avoided entirely yet they still did it.

I say all these things as someone who understand the cultural context (because I've consumed a lot of French media and it's my first language)

It reminds me of the dilemma that a lot of edgy films have when going over taboo topics: Is it still useful to have very graphic rape scenes in film? Is it fine to have intense graphic child abuse? Is it fine to have intense horrible depictions of like cannibalism or vore? Even if it's portrayed in a negative light(in the story) or CGI?

I think the film was insanely poorely executed for a worldwide audience and considering how it approached the topics it wanted to approach.
Whether the film endorses child enthusiasm I've no clue, I just know I don't want to see children twerking and whatever else. I haven't seen it no, but everyone else is saying that's what they saw so I'm just gonna spare my eyeballs the sensory assault lol