Author Topic: what the hell is Among Us?  (Read 6883 times)

It's a game like Gmod's Murder or TTT gamemode, Town of Salem, or Whodunit/Who Done It, but it's in space, so it's actually more like Space Station 13, but it's more fun and easier to get into and learn (so i've heard)

Basically, there's a team of crewmates who have carious tasks to complete around a spaceship, and then there's the imposter who tries to blend in with the crewmates while also killing them without being figured out and ejected into space

please share technical details like how big groups can be, what is the ideal party size? can someone who is inexperienced with videogames play? i a stuff ton of hours in ss13 but theres no way i can get my casual friends to play that, but among us sounds like a good fit for that

please share technical details like how big groups can be, what is the ideal party size? can someone who is inexperienced with videogames play? i a stuff ton of hours in ss13 but theres no way i can get my casual friends to play that, but among us sounds like a good fit for that
I'd say 5 and up is a good party size so that there can be 4 good and 1 bad

I've not played Among Us, so what i know is through osmosis and word of mouth, but it's supposed to be, and looks, way simpler than Space Station 13, so if someone isn't very experienced with video games, this one seems simple enough that someone can just jump into it and faff about

4-10 players, 4 is really not ideal at all because games will end quickly, the more people the better. anyone can play this game, it's $5 on steam and even free on mobile

murder mystery except reddit ruined it and made it a meme

ignore the people circlejerking over how epic funny it is and you'll probably have a good time, use voice though because text is loving boring

except reddit ruined it and made it a meme

ignore the people circlejerking over how epic funny it is
A community can not ruin a game

A game's quality is based on the game itself, not how some online community portrays it

I've been meaning to play this but 10 people is so many to find.

I've been meaning to play this but 10 people is so many to find.
find some dipstuffs on discord to play the mungus with you

tell that to fnaf, a game who's community ruined it when it came out and then ruined it again 5 years later

tell that to fnaf, a game who's community ruined it when it came out and then ruined it again 5 years later
Once again, a community can not ruin a game, only if you allow the actions of a community ruin your perception of the game, but then that's on you

The fanbase for games like FNAF, Undertale, and so on, are typically viewed as cringy or edgy, but that shouldn't diminish the quality the game itself

You can hate a game and you can hate it's community, but don't hate the game because of it's community

among us is an online multiplayer game based around either playing with other humans, either ones you know or not. the content you and others consume affect your opinions of the game and playstyle. saying this is completely ignorant.

the content you and others consume affect your opinions of the game and playstyle.
How, especially with one's playstyle?

quick question: are you dense