Author Topic: Filipe1020's Add-Ons Development Topic - Locked  (Read 37503 times)

Yeah it does. The AE86 has the Toyota badge on the rear (well not the logo but the word TOYOTA), and on the steering wheel too.
In terms of sound, I swear to god there was a video around here somewhere of a dynamic engine sound thing someone made, it wasn't publicly available but it was still a thing. It had the Freestyle Buggy.
Yes, the user Gytyyhgfffff was working on the Suburbia mod for his server which had an engine sounds script, it worked brilliantly, but I got recently in contact with him and sadly he lost his files and don't remember how he did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX9Kup0J19I

My best approach (if I knew how to do it) was to map the pitch of the engine sound to the speed of the car using a speed-check function, however I do not know if pitch manipulation exists in the Torque engine.

Even if it does, you would have to scale the pitch accordingly to the speed of the car using a percent formula below, and have that value be the value of the pitch.

Pitch = (maxWheelSpeed - currentWheelSpeed) / maxWheelSpeed. Which should return a value anywhere between 0 and 1
There is a way, but we gotta figure out how to do it, and if that guy I mentioned above remembered or had the file with him yet it could be a lot easier to figure out...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:30:55 PM by Filipe »

All the engine pitched audio mods required clients which is why they never went anywhere. Still pretty upsetting that none of them got released for reference.

All the engine pitched audio mods required clients which is why they never went anywhere. Still pretty upsetting that none of them got released for reference.
Still it would be worth it to create a new client mod that allows us to use engine sounds of that functionality, if anything the player who joins the server and don't have the mod could just receive a message in the chat saying to download the mod to experience the engine sounds.

Still it would be worth it to create a new client mod that allows us to use engine sounds of that functionality, if anything the player who joins the server and don't have the mod could just receive a message in the chat saying to download the mod to experience the engine sounds.
Kind of like CVS and all that?

For the Hachiroku since you mentioned door lines, I just realized the taillights might look better if you added the creases/lines on them too.

For the Hachiroku since you mentioned door lines, I just realized the taillights might look better if you added the creases/lines on them too.
They'll have depth in them.

The cars in this topic, well I'd say they have a few things to be release worthy, but I might just release it beforehand and patch it later, I'm not bothering with that anymore and I'm not making any promises so, we'll see.

Great news everyone! The Hydric and Carrera are finally released! Check out my Released Add-Ons topic to download them.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=326789.0

Very exciting news everyone! Both the Tutto and the Ventoro are released! But that's not all, they're also the very first cars to work with the brand new Engine Sounds Support mod by Buddy! The most advanced engine sound script ever made for Blockland, the pitch of the sound changes according to speed and it also emulates gear changes! With enough positive feedback my other cars available in the Add-Ons Topic will eventually be updated with this new support mod as well, Make sure to check them out!

Currently I'm working on implementing the engine sounds support on all the cars featured in my released add-ons topic, hopefully I'll manage to release it soon, so stay tuned.

Big Update: Ok everyone, it's been a little while since the last post here, but I got some pretty cool news, first one is that all the vehicles available in my released add-ons topic will receive an update soon, here is the changelog:

- Updated Lights Script that now supports hazard lights! Huge thanks to NightHawk for taking his time to get it to work on my vehicles, I can't thank you enough man.
- Engine Sounds Support for all cars in the topic, each with it's own specific sound.
- Tutto Rally now has an engine sound of it's own.
- Carrera will receive the Stuttgart badge plus a more detailed interior.

And that's not all, two new vehicles are in the works!

The Abraham Deluxe, commissioned by Corpora1Bird, based on the Lincoln Mark Vii LSC 1984

And the new highly requested Charger Mk2! Commissioned by Master King Deaddude.

I'm excited to share more news with you all very soon on these updates and cars, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:45:31 PM by Filipe »

Guys to make things a bit more streamlined, I might close this topic and post development AND releases in my released add-ons topic so there's no need for two separate places, what do you guys prefer? Let me know.