DESKTOP/COMPUTER STATION THREAD 2021 EDITION

Author Topic: DESKTOP/COMPUTER STATION THREAD 2021 EDITION  (Read 12884 times)

it just works
you are not special for spending 3 minutes on /g/ and installing ubuntu

you are not special for spending 3 minutes on /g/ and installing ubuntu
boob mousepad funny

nice setup but aren't you really close to the monitors when sat at the desk or is it perspective making it look like they're closer than they really are?

anyways my setup right now is a laptop at a kitchen table nothing worth taking a pic of :/

Wait, people unironically use linux?

I would laugh in your face if I could

linux is generally a much better environment for development work that requires compiling software

linux is generally a much better environment for development work that requires compiling software
Imagine having to forget around for an hour in the console to install python, java, or whatever code language, an editor thats not as dogstuff as vi, vim or nano, a window manager, an entire new filesystem, a compiler, 7 gojillion dependencies, the lost son of Abraham and the blood sacrifice of a virgin woman to get the bare minimum to start developing software

literally just use windows and double click a .exe file to install an IDE and start

yeah i run arch br0.

i generally dislike windows 10 as a service, so i'll run windows where it belongs: in a window.
jokes aside, yeah i prefer linux over windows, yet i won't judge normal people for using windows because it's the industry norm (hell, i have to support windows for my job.)

the real question is, people unironically run macOS?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 09:53:24 AM by TomTheGeek² »

>wears programmer socks
>hates linux

pick one bro