Author Topic: DESKTOP/COMPUTER STATION THREAD 2021 EDITION  (Read 12881 times)

Really working on something special to show you guys. More to come

anyone who doesnt have desktop icons is a psychopath
Start menu works just fine for anything I don't have pinned to my taskbar.

upgraded my NAS a little bit. after i corrupted the zpool a few times by hotswapping the enclosure's USB between the raspberry pi status checker and my laptop, i decided to get a switch and network everything up instead. the raspberry pi controls the zpool, with access to it going from my laptop and my desktop. also got a free ethernet cable so i can upload software to my other project raspberry pi if i need to

the other day i was running some benchmarks (unixbench) on the various raspberry pi's i have, maybe some of you here might find it interesting:
raspberry pi 4: 474
raspberry pi 2: 382
raspberry pi zero: 74

for some reason, the parallel part of the test on the raspberry pi 4 just didn't happen, so that might affect its score. my laptop has a score of 3039 (i5-8400H @ 2.5GHz) as a frame of reference

i've been working on some projects on the raspberry pi 4 recently, and its fast enough to handle using a webapp through firefox while doing image processing (barcode scanning) in the background, so these things are actually like really powerful these days. my other raspberry pi 4 handles my NAS backup, and it can handle like 50-60 MiBps through ethernet. really loving these raspberry pi things
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:11:43 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

upgraded my NAS a little bit. after i corrupted the zpool a few times by hotswapping the enclosure's USB between the raspberry pi status checker and my laptop, i decided to get a switch and network everything up instead. the raspberry pi controls the zpool, with access to it going from my laptop and my desktop. also got a free ethernet cable so i can upload software to my other project raspberry pi if i need to

the other day i was running some benchmarks (unixbench) on the various raspberry pi's i have, maybe some of you here might find it interesting:
raspberry pi 4: 474
raspberry pi 2: 382
raspberry pi zero: 74

for some reason, the parallel part of the test on the raspberry pi 4 just didn't happen, so that might affect its score. my laptop has a score of 3039 (i5-8400H @ 2.5GHz) as a frame of reference

i've been working on some projects on the raspberry pi 4 recently, and its fast enough to handle using a webapp through firefox while doing image processing (barcode scanning) in the background, so these things are actually like really powerful these days. my other raspberry pi 4 handles my NAS backup, and it can handle like 50-60 MiBps through ethernet. really loving these raspberry pi things
Not a battlestation

slightly outdated pic, gamer zone looks a bit different now so when I find my camera I'll take a newer one.

I used to have 2 side by side desks with my ancient PC on one and my work setup on another. I can't use my own for work so I like this solution of being able to swap out and dock the razer laptop/work laptop quickly whenever needed on the one setup.

I used to have 2 side by side desks with my ancient PC on one and my work setup on another. I can't use my own for work so I like this solution of being able to swap out and dock the razer laptop/work laptop quickly whenever needed on the one setup.
I had two desks at one point because the company I bought my desk from sent in a defect. It was a loving mess when I was experimenting...

so as you can see my stations beat all ur guys's stuff so yeah

so as you can see my stations beat all ur guys's stuff so yeah
Uhh..... You talk like this ? 😂😂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2nMjq8Gpew

got new headset and mikasa figurine to go with my collection