Brickadia spiritual successor to Blockland

Author Topic: Brickadia spiritual successor to Blockland  (Read 6590 times)

That still gets me worrying.
I know that they're adding new stuff (color pallete, new UI, optimization) every update, but I'm not sure if their priorities are right. Like basic weapons are okay for testing but do we really need to implement 5 types of SMGs and Assault rifles every update? A huge variety of accessories, when it's still in alpha?

OP can you lock this topic before people go on another 20 page rant about the same stuff thats been discussed twenty times in the past already

OP can you lock this topic before people go on another 20 page rant about the same stuff thats been discussed twenty times in the past already
interesting how you only log back in to defend brickadia

interesting how you only log back in to defend brickadia
1) it is very obvious i do not only post to defend brickadia. please use ur eyes. i have posted many other things on this forum.
2) this isnt me defending brickadia, funny how you immediately jumped to that. its just ive seen these same points said over and over again despite already having so much discussion about it already on the forums and elsewhere. yes im also not happy with not being able to mod the game yet, and having so little ability to create custom gamemodes to host for the game is very unfun. this is the big reason why brickadia is only largely popular for a week or two after an update and then people lose interest again

That still gets me worrying.
I know that they're adding new stuff (color pallete, new UI, optimization) every update, but I'm not sure if their priorities are right. Like basic weapons are okay for testing but do we really need to implement 5 types of SMGs and Assault rifles every update? A huge variety of accessories, when it's still in alpha?
this isnt just one dev making everything. the devs/contributors who are adding the many weapons and many many avatar cosmetics do not know at all how to do proper coding for the game. while those people are making that, the two-ish? devs behind actually coding the fundamentals of the game are still creating the bigger features and stuff

wouldn't hurt for things to be reiterated one more time if he's out of the loop on it. i know i am probably ignorant about some stuff here myself anyways

I feel like weapons are last priority lol

wouldn't hurt for things to be reiterated one more time if he's out of the loop on it. i know i am probably ignorant about some stuff here myself anyways
Yes please, and thank you for your understanding and kindness. Due to a series of unfortunate events (including medical stuff), I'm very much out of the loop on the whole situation. Other people could also use a refresh and summary about the history and situation too.

-snip-

IIRC A lot of drama has been thrown around between Blockland and Brickadia communities though the first thing that someone here will come to you will mention about Brickadia's troubled Dev team and the ineptitude/delayed response coming from one of their staff members. I won't go into detail what that is unless you want to look at the two drama threads in drama because I'm not really in a position to give you a good summary of what happened, best to ask someone else who better informed in this than I am, that's all.

Personally in my opinion I don't like their community at all they've managed to have it be more "toxic" than Blockland's which I find it ironic since they were trying to prevent recreating Blockland's community. That and their game is more geared toward high-end tech computers so something like my office compy isn't enough that's all I have to say.

Yes please, and thank you for your understanding and kindness. Due to a series of unfortunate events (including medical stuff), I'm very much out of the loop on the whole situation. Other people could also use a refresh and summary about the history and situation too.
you can try and read through the old forum topics to catch up on stuff, though theres a forgetton of terrible stuff to comb through. ill try to sum stuff up here:

- some people dont like brickadia due to its complete lack of modding at the moment. devs say it'l be added later in development, but there's a big concern made that they didnt focus on adding modding at the very beginning.
- brickadia has stricter moderation in place to help keep the community be far more tolerable. in blockland, moderation is almost nowhere to be seen. so theres a lot of people around here who just stuff on brickadia because they can't harass people on it
- there was quite a bit of controversy in the past about two members of the dev team being discovered to be creeps. they were both removed from the dev team fairly quickly since then but theres still controversy surrounding that. this has long since settled but some people here still bring it up
- some people plainly just like blockland more. and are tired of people constantly talking about brickadia

the blockland forums just isnt a good place to bring up brickadia. almost all of the people actually into brickadia dont even look at the BLF anymore which just leaves the people who hate it for whatever reason

-snap-

Pretty much on the ball here but honestly; the feeling between the two communities is really mutual when you think about it. As far I know, and this is based off memory when I was on their discord server, I've seen some people in Brickadia just despise Blockland for any reason you can think of that people here on the Blockland community would say why they don't like Brickadia.

I wish though there can be an understanding between the communities but that's a dream not coming soon anytime soon and it won't be long until another Blockland-esque games pops up to compete with Brickadia so who knows at this point honestly.