Author Topic: Modelbuilding thread | Creative is dead, and off topic is next edition  (Read 17093 times)

i've got a few warhammer models around but i've been too busy to paint them :( and im lazy as forget

your opinion is wrong but thats pretty based
keep on that grind king
i identify as queen

i identify as queen
Sure thing princess

Finished painting this today

Only need to do the decals, enamels and oils and another layer of varnish

oh damn that went from plain to sick with those lines and decals

oh damn that went from plain to sick with those lines and decals
Thats why I love enamels and oil paints
theyre super easy to work with and take ~3 days to dry so if you forget up you have time to correct it.

Here you can see how much of a difference it really makes. It adds a little extra contrast and makes the surface details really pop out
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:41:09 PM by espio100 »

kind of crazy how much of a difference they make

thanks for the tip ill keep it in mind if i ever go back to doing this

kind of crazy how much of a difference they make

thanks for the tip ill keep it in mind if i ever go back to doing this
The technique is called pin wash/pin washing. There are pre-made washes available but I recommend making them yourself with oil paints and white spirit since it offers more control.
I believe in minatures its called an "ink" or something, but its the same concept

I am relatively new and stick to assembly for the time being. The entry cost for painting is too high with the airbrush, compressor and colors.
That said, I am mildly too lazy to even assemble this much. But it's there.

I am relatively new and stick to assembly for the time being. The entry cost for painting is too high with the airbrush, compressor and colors.
That said, I am mildly too lazy to even assemble this much. But it's there.
You can always brush paint with Vallejo's model color lineup. I highly recommend them for their ease of use. Just thin them a bit so you don't get brush strokes. Alternatively you can paint with oil paints which dont leave any brush strokes but take a long ass time to dry so layering is going to be difficult. I know a few people who don't airbrush and their models come out pretty great.

If youre going to get an airbrush. I always recommend the harder and steenback ultra 2 in 1 to everyone. Its a super good airbrush for its value and comes with a 0.4mm nozzle and 0.2mm nozzle. I use it all the time, although I use my H&S infinity for finer work. For a compressor you should just make sure to get one with a tank. I have the Fengda FD-186 and I see a lot of other people recommend this one as well.

That MBT does look super gnarly though. I havent build a kit from zvezda yet, I should definitely check them out.

You can always brush paint with Vallejo's model color lineup. I highly recommend them for their ease of use. Just thin them a bit so you don't get brush strokes. Alternatively you can paint with oil paints which dont leave any brush strokes but take a long ass time to dry so layering is going to be difficult. I know a few people who don't airbrush and their models come out pretty great.

If youre going to get an airbrush. I always recommend the harder and steenback ultra 2 in 1 to everyone. Its a super good airbrush for its value and comes with a 0.4mm nozzle and 0.2mm nozzle. I use it all the time, although I use my H&S infinity for finer work. For a compressor you should just make sure to get one with a tank. I have the Fengda FD-186 and I see a lot of other people recommend this one as well.

That MBT does look super gnarly though. I havent build a kit from zvezda yet, I should definitely check them out.
The MBT is from Academy.

Will note the airbrush and compressor, but yeah the price of entry is still there. It does appeal to me than manual brush though.

this kit is loving awful and I want it to be finished already. At least most of the painting is done. I still have to do the FPE and gun cleaning rods, the tracks and some stuff at the back but after that I believe I can finally start weathering this.

If this is done, I can continue working on an even worse kit. The takom jagdtiger. Kill me
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:36:12 PM by espio100 »

thats some solid ass paint work nice job

I managed to finish her on Riddlers birthday (:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:14:14 PM by espio100 »