Should you release your private addons??

Author Topic: Should you release your private addons??  (Read 8835 times)

The reasoning being that mods people have been searching for shouldn't be lost to time just because they're stuck rotting on peoples' hard drives for nobody else to have, and could also open up new opportunities for said mods.

Plus, with the lower amount of players in the game, there's not much of a reason to keep them private anymore

people should but that said its not right to make it seem like they’re doing a bad thing if they dont

some stuff just isn’t anywhere useful to anyone incomplete

short answer: yes

long answer: no

I've been considering it.

Mine are all in W.I.P for the record. I intend to release them all when they're finished.

idk what people want, I got plenty of private stuff that mainly were intended for gamemodes I've made with my clique

ill probably release all of my builds and any gamemodes  i have made or are wip when this game finally kills over

idk what people want, I got plenty of private stuff that mainly were intended for gamemodes I've made with my clique

not like im asking, but i'm one of the people that appreciates anything medieval or fantasy based for add-ons

there's probably more people out there that are like me

not like im asking, but i'm one of the people that appreciates anything medieval or fantasy based for add-ons

I've worked on RPG's before and I do have some scripts that help, specially a leveling script I got help with recently where you can level up your own combat level and it increases your health/mana capacity entirely every time you level up. This mainly only works with bots though, the script also does let you grant levels to bots but it's merely a variable you use VCE with it doesn't really do much else other then just bullstuff the client to think this bot is as tough as the number says.

The script is private but all of the other add-ons I used with it are actually public, for this RPG I made I used the RuneScape armor that got posted here a while back along with the Scimitars, playertypes ain't hard to make but we didn't really do anything other then modify one. If I can find something else though I'll say something.

Private add-ons should only be private if they're still a WIP, or serve a very specific purpose for your server/gamemode, but in that case, you should still release it if you no longer plan on hosting said gamemode, or are quitting Blockland so that the add-ons aren't lost forever

Private addons are a scourge to Blockland - they really shouldn't be an existing concept but here we are
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:47:33 PM by teeds427 »

Private add-ons should only be private if they're still a WIP, or serve a very specific purpose for your server/gamemode, but in that case, you should still release it if you no longer plan on hosting said gamemode, or are quitting Blockland so that the add-ons aren't lost forever
Private addons are scourge to Blockland - they really shouldn't be an existing concept but here we are
these

private add-ons will come out when bl source code comes out

basically never or not now