The Linux Thread | Useful tools inside.

Author Topic: The Linux Thread | Useful tools inside.  (Read 5642 times)

Nvidia Drivers, even on windows, are finicky and very unreliable.
Some games run like stuff after driver updates, others beg you to update so they don't run like stuff.
This may be the case on linux but never in my 8 years of computer experience have I ever had this issue with nividia drivers.

This may be the case on linux but never in my 8 years of computer experience have I ever had this issue with nividia drivers.
Well. The issues are admittedly minor now compared to the way they were when i initially started building pcs. Hardware and devs have come a long way.

But Nvidia has a pretty stuff track record overall rn. But most people are still more likely to have a good experience rather than a fustrating one.

reminds me of some guy here like 7 or whatever years ago who had a literally empty desktop and opened up programs exclusively with the run command or whatever the linux equivalent is. pure autism. think he was swedish so it makes sense

think he was swedish so it makes sense
I don’t get this, my only Swedish friend uses windows normally.

[im g ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/336230743535517708/868454333669339196/1627006453365.gif[/img]
You backtracking when you realize no post thus far has had a desktop screencap.

reminds me of some guy here like 7 or whatever years ago who had a literally empty desktop and opened up programs exclusively with the run command or whatever the linux equivalent is. pure autism. think he was swedish so it makes sense

did he use arch btw?

Anyone making the switch this current year? please do post about your experiences.

is it already possible to run a kvm on a single nvidia gpu or is linux still useless?

Anyone making the switch this current year? please do post about your experiences.
I have every horse in the race and really really want to switch. BUT, until adobe premiere is ported I don't think Ill be going anywhere. Its not that I need a alternative video maker, I have several projects ongoing.
As for running a VM, if I wanted to do that, Id already be doing it with linux. I have no interest in dual booting or running a vm if what I have already works, albeit windows is breaching my privacy.
Maybe one day. . .

yo guys head over to the windows 11 thread you can game with windows

yo guys head over to the windows 11 thread you can game with windows
Can game on Linux and without being spied on.

-snip-
A whole new level of trolling. GOTEEM to master mathew.

I have every horse in the race and really really want to switch. BUT, until adobe premiere is ported I don't think Ill be going anywhere. Its not that I need a alternative video maker, I have several projects ongoing.
As for running a VM, if I wanted to do that, Id already be doing it with linux. I have no interest in dual booting or running a vm if what I have already works, albeit windows is breaching my privacy.
Maybe one day. . .

Not ported but its possible to run it on linux.

Can game on Linux and without being spied on.
I promise you steam is selling your data. And. . . tbh you cant get around steam. But anyways, I will be making the switch today on my main pc. We will see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Do you recommend any distro's?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:40:31 AM by soldier101@ »