Anyone got any links to fixes for Fallout 3

Author Topic: Anyone got any links to fixes for Fallout 3  (Read 1397 times)

Just installed it and don't feel like dealing with it crashing n stuff

https://www.google.com/

Try typing "reddit" after your question.

https://www.google.com/

Try typing "reddit" after your question.
reddit? no thanks i like having braincells

Reddit has birthed many communities to assist and develop projects far beyond Blockland. The ratio from trolling to developing is arguably higher on Reddit than on Bl forums. It is all where you position yourself and what subreddits you join.

Fallout 3 unofficial patch is what you want. Ran fine for me, did a play through without dlc. Can’t say I’m dedicated enough to finish it with the eden dlc, as it was my first time beating the game were you reunite with your father, and needless to say I found it very anti climactic that all he cared about was clean water whilst I was becoming the god of death in hard difficulty.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 08:31:18 AM by soldier101@ »

better yet, dont play fallout 3, its a garbage overhyped bullstuff created by a stuffty company with zero quality control

Fallout 3 unofficial patch. Ran fine for me, did a play through without dlc. Can’t say I’m dedicated enough to finish it with the eden dlc, as it was my first time beating the game were you reunite with your father, and needless to say I found it very anti climactic that all he cared about was clean water whilst I was becoming the god of death in hard difficulty.

or use this if you so desperately want to play a stuffty game, fact you need to use an unofficial patch to play a game is outrageous

fallout 3, its a garbage overhyped bull
Fallout 3 is a masterpiece considering its time period, and most if not all bugs are product of newer and newer hardware and lack of updates. If you insult fallout 3 for lack of updates, you may need to be reminded of the game these forums are based around. The fact the game is moddable enough to receive a complete patch via its own mod system is incredible.

Fallout 3 is a masterpiece considering its time period, and most if not all bugs are product of newer and newer hardware and lack of updates. If you insult fallout 3 for lack of updates, you may need to be reminded of the game these forums are based around. The fact the game is moddable enough to receive a complete patch via its own mod system is incredible.

do you want a masterpiece within the time period, with a game that is actually fun, fixes a lot of bullstuff issues with fallout 3, has an actually engaging story, fun map, and actual freedom?

play fallout new vegas

this video demonstrates every single issue with fallout 3, if you think the "epic gorey" vats system is cool, then good for you, but the story? its absolutely terrible, game progression is ass, theres no real difficulty or challenges and the only good parts, are the little side stories that you must find yourself in the huge map

the literal only reason this game is decent is because of the hard work of modders who put the time to fix the stuffty issues within the game, i dont need bethesda to fix and update the old stuffty game but you can clearly see the repeated mistakes from fallout 3 in fallout 4 and fallout 76.

i dont think i have to even elaborate on the bugs, anyone who plays a bethesda title expects bugs now, fallout 4 on launch was very buggy, and dont get me started on fallout 76
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 09:32:24 AM by AlexK² »

i mean, reddit has dissolved almost every other internet forum at this point, so if you look up a technical help question and add reddit you're pretty likely to find a decent solution. especially with a common issue like this cause anyone trying to play fo3 has to go through the same process

Snip
No one said anything bad about new vegas. Imo it is better in every way but fo3 came out first. Fo3 paved the road with engine and development process. Fo3 changed the worlds perspective on what a game could be.
Fnv was awesome but it was expected. They HAD to make something better because it was bound to happen.
Fnv is awesome but imo both of them need patches to be comfortable in 2021. Fo3 came out at least two years earlier if my memory serves correctly, and though in same era it really wasnt the same era in the gaming world.
No one should be told that the game their playing is crap, because they are not asking if they should play it. They have already decided to play it. Chances are they know what fnv is already. No doubt they will eventually play both of them if they decide to follow through with either of them.

Also please dont mention 76. Im still trying to forget.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 02:52:54 PM by soldier101@ »

locking because ive got everything good and working. also this argument is handicapped both are amazing im just tired of fallout new vegas' desert landscape and want to see cool forests and megaton