Oh lawd. Yahtzee Kinda reviews brawl

Author Topic: Oh lawd. Yahtzee Kinda reviews brawl  (Read 4908 times)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Nintendo Wii)

Yahtzee graciously brought along Wii Freeloader and his copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl, and after what seemed like an excessive amount of effort to setup, we finally had the game ready and running with 4 gamecube wireless wavebird controllers.

Regardless of who was playing at any given time, the majority of expletives being yelled out were usually attributed to no-one knowing what the hell was going on. Frith found the chaos appealing, Yahtzee found it handicapped. Most of us were not Smash Bros series connoisseurs by any means, but the pure random mess of the 4 player battles didn’t do much to win us over. Sure, there were moments of fun, but on the flip side you spend half the game trying to keep track of where your character is, let alone what it's actually doing.

Sorry fanboys, but with the exception of Frith and Phil, we all found the game too random and too chaotic. And yes, the levels are a nice nostalgic trip for a long time Nintendo franchise player like myself, but any positives in that respect are totally overshadowed by the fact that you can’t play as Sonic until you’ve played either 10 hours or 300 matches.

What. The. forget.

Forcing players to unlock characters, game types, levels or features that are ADVERTISED SELLING POINTS of a multiplayer game is about as popular and equally craptacular as Video Game disc jockeys and Quick time events.

Verdict: Fanboys only

Maybe genuinely playable by kids with ADD drinking shots of redbull and vodka, but for our group of 20-something year old piss heads it just gave us a headache.

http://www.australiangamer.com/feature/385/party_games.html

wtf?

Respect for him just went down :(

but any positives in that respect are totally overshadowed by the fact that you can’t play as Sonic until you’ve played either 10 hours or 300 matches.

Yahtzee confirmed for idiot.

Yahtzee is now clever. Even with his unrealistic review of Burnout Paradise.

but any positives in that respect are totally overshadowed by the fact that you can’t play as Sonic until you’ve played either 10 hours or 300 matches.

Yahtzee confirmed for idiot.
I don't even have the game even i know you can unlock all characters (i think) in the single player game

Nice review...'bout time the button-masher was revealed for what it is.

Yahtzee is still the best even if he did crush your misplaced affinity with a Nintendo recycled product.

its a fighting game..What did you expect it to be but a button masher?

its a fighting game..What did you expect it to be but a button masher?

True, but as mentioned in the review, the chaos isn't very useful when it comes to actually playing the game. Also, its pretty much the same game as last, but this time with some new characters and backgrounds.

Meh, Depends on how good you are at the game. My friend is pretty much god, and he plays as Ness so I'm like " dude he sucks"  The he didn't get any damage and I died 2 D: Then I finally got some hits on him but he won in the end. And I thought I was pretty good at the game.

My opinion on the game is that its just another one of those meh games that I don't bother playing because I already have superior games.

Brawl's controls aren't THAT hard to get used to.
@Spation is a sony or microsoft fanboy, no matter how much he denies it.

My opinion on the game is that its just another one of those meh games that I don't bother playing because I already have superior games.

I concur

If hes too stupid to figure out how to turn off items(less chaos) and go to some plain stage(lesser chaos) then he shouldn't be reviewing games.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.australiangamer.com Port 80

link failed me