How in the hell are any of you still here?

Author Topic: How in the hell are any of you still here?  (Read 10620 times)

Why in the F has BS not made this game f2p yet? Seeing this game in the state it is in brings me much sadness. Just make the game f2p already so we can attract more players, it is clear that it is the only way we are going to ever revive this game because the world has forgotten about this game unfortunately.

Nobody's gonna want to play a game that's practically a ghost town and a shell of it's former self that also does not point players in the right direction to find mods and tools and tutorials for content creation

This game was destined to die when it's creator was always harsh to it's community (that he let get out of hand by total ignorance and laziness, by the way), and eventually stopped caring to even update the game or add in any new useful content to have by default
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 08:50:33 PM by Masterlegodude »

Wish we could decompile and get a b4v21ish revival but badspot uses modified TGE not stock tge. . .
So all we can do is wait for him to release source code or just wait it out and itll die eventually.

Nobody's gonna want to play a game that's practically a ghost town and a shell of it's former self that also does not point players in the right direction to find mods and tools and tutorials for content creation

This game was destined to die when it's creator was always harsh to it's community (that he let get out of hand by total ignorance and laziness, by the way), and eventually stopped caring to even update the game or add in any new useful content to have by default
to add on it doesnt help that when criticized people constantly defended his actions leading to the situation we have now

so if we ignore the dumpster fire that is badspot and those issues, we are left with a very old game from 2007 that has a rather steep learning curve.

oh, what's that? its completely out of the realm of what anyone in the modern day and age wants to play?

I think we can stop with the whole, "we need new players" thing. anyone who buys this game does not continue playing it, in the last 2 years revisting blockland I have only found people that have been around when it was active.

why don't we look at what we have?

people still make cars, and weapons and wonderful content that has been the locomotive for the game since its inception.

as long as we have that interest and motivation, we can still enjoy blockland despite its declining playerbase.

so if we ignore the dumpster fire that is badspot and those issues, we are left with a very old game from 2007 that has a rather steep learning curve.

oh, what's that? its completely out of the realm of what anyone in the modern day and age wants to play?

I think we can stop with the whole, "we need new players" thing. anyone who buys this game does not continue playing it, in the last 2 years revisting blockland I have only found people that have been around when it was active.

why don't we look at what we have?

people still make cars, and weapons and wonderful content that has been the locomotive for the game since its inception.

as long as we have that interest and motivation, we can still enjoy blockland despite its declining playerbase.
This is true, Blockland will never be what it once was, but you can enjoy what is still there

making it f2p isn't gonna solve any issues and I highly doubt badspot is gonna release the source code based on how stingy he is with anything he puts his hands on either.

he can't exactly do anything at this point. the game's glory days are long gone and he missed any opportunity to make it bigger, better, and more popular

Apparently, Badspot (i think) was planning to release the source code to Blockland. There is a GitHub repo of Blockland, but with the source code not present. (basic README.md file w/ MIT License) (https://github.com/badspot/blockland)

The GitHub repo has not been updated since Sep 27, 2019 according to GitHub. This is probably the closest we'll get to the source code for this god forsaken game.

making it f2p isn't gonna solve any issues
It would help with accessibility for sure. As for playerbase. . . yeah.

Didnt know this. Pretty interesting. Was there something that made him change his mind?

that is some new "old news" to me, p1xel, unfortunate it looks like it'll never happen given badspot's utter radio silence on everything

f2p or big youtuber isnt going to revive blockland

stop having fever dreams that this game will return to how it was back in 2009 - 2013

stop having fever dreams that this game will return to how it was back in 2009 - 2013
I dont think anyone said that. But a blockland glass esque revival would be nice.

f2p or big youtuber isnt going to revive blockland

Nobody is talking about reviving the game, just ways of trying to bring the game some attention, no stuff the game isn't gonna get near its peak like the old days. That's a literal pipe dream everybody is aware of.

unfortunate it looks like it'll never happen given badspot's utter radio silence on everything

It's not like he's not logging in anymore, I still have hope.