Author Topic: blockland would be more alive if it garnered a middle aged european playerbase  (Read 1648 times)

every time i start up an old shooter (hl2 deathmatch, cs source, red orchestra) the only active servers and groups i find are made up of german and slavic men in their 40s with the odd mediterranean in the mix. if only blockland attracted this mystic population a few years back, we could still have annoyingly intricate city rps active in the server list

not possible because blockland is for children

possible as blockland is for children and most older members are confirmed creeps

not possible because blockland is for children
so are legos but that doesn't stop manchildren from buying 900 dollar sets.

these guys aren't really the creep types though. more of lonely old men who take stuff too seriously and cling onto niche stuff. they're fun to interact with but are also pretty annoying. if they were to groom someone it would probably be late teens than the 12 year olds the degens here wanted. just watch out for the english, britian is child enthusiast island.

it's kinda fitting that blockland is ending up as a glorified IRC client, as is the outcome of most of the older torque games. Starsiege: Tribes came out in 1998 but still has exactly the kind of people you're talking about on it every day. can hop on a tribes RPG server and recognize the same people from over a decade ago. it's oddly comforting, in a forgeted up, depressive nostalgia point of view.

blockland's steam release was nearly a decade ago. wonder how it'll look given another 10 more years.

this never happened because blockland did not feature bunnyhopping and slavs dont have the "evil autism" gene that is required to exist in this community

this never happened because blockland did not feature bunnyhopping and slavs dont have the "evil autism" gene that is required to exist in this community
i think the real reason is because there are no maps to play on anymore. specifically post apocalyptic city wasteland maps

i think the real reason is because there are no maps to play on anymore. specifically post apocalyptic city wasteland maps