Author Topic: blockland: the community that killed the game  (Read 57538 times)

what the heck happened on that day that spiked the player count so drastically??
I think there was a time when someone flooded the master server with faked 99/99 player servers

i'm not homophobic or sensible jeez dude.
ah that's on me for being unspecific as I was discussing two separate conversations at once. Drendran was the one trying to say that non-cishet folks don't experience any discrimination. My main qualm for you was the whole "telling people to kill themselves should just be treated as normal" thing. Sorry for my ambiguous wording.

ah that's on me for being unspecific as I was discussing two separate conversations at once. Drendran was the one trying to say that non-cishet folks don't experience any discrimination. My main qualm for you was the whole "telling people to kill themselves should just be treated as normal" thing. Sorry for my ambiguous wording.
alright glad we could clear that up. also if we could clear something else up, i never said telling people to kill themseves should be treated as normal, in fact I implied quite the opposite:

That's obviously not a very nice thing to say to somebody - I don't think I would say that even to my worst enemy

what I did stress however was that if random person on the internet you never met a day in your life says something hurtful to you, it's not something you should probably take seriously. now if random this person is constantly harassing you and making legitimate threats that is a different situation and should be dealt with more seriously.

I am glad you recognize the harm in such toxic behaviour.
Your ironic:
damn, nvm those forum rules have me feeling edgy
Had me thinking you held quite a different opinion due to the implicit "its ok if the forum admin does it".
I know that random strangers telling you to kill yourself should be taken lightly, but it will not always be, especially by those already disposed to depression or the impressionable children that come to a game thinking they are joining a community to build legos with other kids.

Your ironic:
damn, nvm those forum rules have me feeling edgy
Had me thinking you held quite a different opinion due to the implicit "its ok if the forum admin does it".
i realize my attempt at humor was somewhat brash there, my apologies if it came off the wrong way. i was just poking a little fun at forum rule 5

I know that random strangers telling you to kill yourself should be taken lightly, but it will not always be, especially by those already disposed to depression or the impressionable children that come to a game thinking they are joining a community to build legos with other kids.
you're right. and i think in those situations it's really important that the parents of the kids who play make sure there isn't any actual harm going on in the places they interact with online. or in the case of an older person with depression that they try to seek from help family or friends , or professionally if they need it

I think there was a time when someone flooded the master server with faked 99/99 player servers
zapk (khv manlet)

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=140601.0
everyone who participated in this thread is on a watch list now
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 12:10:17 AM by Trogtor »

awe forget I don't even understand my autistic joke

Oh my god what the forget bisjac
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 08:18:19 AM by Soukuw »

Sometimes i wonder how we were ever okay with stuff like this happening

Everyone that isn't Bisjac just seemed so nonchalant about the premise of the thread and especially toward Bisjac's behavior

i hope im not butting into anything but im like 6 pages into reading and thought i'd pipe up with my experiences for the hell of it
this forum was probably like the worst thing to happen to my mental health i was getting e-stalked and my facebook harassed by known problem users from here all because i was a textbook slightly cringy autistic child, and it just became normal to me to just wake up and see stuff being stirred on OTHER WEBSITES from blockland people for a time. more recently, anything i drew and posted i felt was under scrutiny because at any time it could just be used against me in lieu of argument because i thought being harrassed was bad.  i guess the only GOOD news is that somehow even with all the pie crust stuff and attempted kiwifarms page nonsense, the person i talk to the MOST came from here, which still baffles me to this day.

i feel like this game could have taken a different route had there been more Child Friendly Measures (for their Children's Lego Game) but all that's left of this game's legacy is a methhead with a christ complex and a stereotypical terminally online sadist

hi i mostly just lurk whenever i'm severely bored nowadays but seeing as it's hip or whatever i might as well do my part

its easy to say that i wish i never ever signed up for this website but honestly, the way i see it, my experience was a sort of necessary evil; i joined blf when i was 13. to put that into perspective i had just graduated elementary around that time and had only one offline friend, so i was obviously an obnoxious loser. i got bullied forgetin relentlessly but truth be told, i feel like if that hadn't happened i'd end up stagnating and growing up into a loathsome piece of stuff in the same vein as chris chan. because of all this i've been able to recognize red flags when i see them and thanks to that i've managed to keep myself from being abused by manipulators and even recognize and deal with the few child enthusiasts i ran into on my internet adventure. of course now i have horrible trust issues and possibly imposter syndrome but whatever, stuff happens
seeing all the groomer stuff, i'm actually amazed i didn't end up on the stuffty end of the creep stick when i was active here. i've been GROOMED before, 3 times, but that was after i got familiar with blf culture so nothing severe or dangerous actually happened to me. the closest i've gotten to being targeted by a predator was pie crust; unova's talked about the time pie crust joined our server and spammed like 50 terabytes of bestiality but i don't think i've ever talked about the time pie crust targeted me in my steam dms. back in 2016 when i was getting bullied, pie crust reached out to my steam, trying to hit me with the "oh im sorry you're being bullied don't worry im always here to talk if you need me" charade. knowing abusers i would not be surprised if pie crust was a diddler on top of a dogforgeter - why else would he be dming middle schoolers...?
regardless while dis forum did suck ass i do look back on it fondly sometimes. i met my best friend here and i did have alot of fun while it was active. truth be told the one thing i'll miss most are the forum games, those gobbled up an exuberant amount of my time when i was young honestly and it's really sad there won't be anything like them with discord phasing out internet forums and stuff