last words anyone

Author Topic: last words anyone  (Read 8039 times)

this game turned me into a software engineer, lmao

this game turned me into a software engineer, lmao

of course it did

I'm writing this as somebody coming back to some old online games seeing the state of them feeling sort of somber, Blockland being one of them.
I think fondly on the good times I had, but I'm sad for all the things I missed  that were either before my time or that I didn't appreciate and explore the possibilities of.
If I had anything to say to future generations of online gamers, I'd say you miss what you missed. Experience everything before it's gone. Make the best of a community and a game you love. Don't contribute to the negativity of it, and make great things to keep it around longer and make it worthwhile. Make friends, explore the community and everything it has to offer so you don't look back thinking "Man, I wish I'd gotten more out of that game".
I hope that the kids that are my age when I got this game aren't stuck with gachastuff and app store trash. Video games are great, I'm glad some were so important to people that they spent their time making them even greater.

Don't play Brickadia under the age of 18 or you WILL be groomed.

I'm writing this as somebody coming back to some old online games seeing the state of them feeling sort of somber, Blockland being one of them.
I think fondly on the good times I had, but I'm sad for all the things I missed  that were either before my time or that I didn't appreciate and explore the possibilities of.
If I had anything to say to future generations of online gamers, I'd say you miss what you missed. Experience everything before it's gone. Make the best of a community and a game you love. Don't contribute to the negativity of it, and make great things to keep it around longer and make it worthwhile. Make friends, explore the community and everything it has to offer so you don't look back thinking "Man, I wish I'd gotten more out of that game".
I hope that the kids that are my age when I got this game aren't stuck with gachastuff and app store trash. Video games are great, I'm glad some were so important to people that they spent their time making them even greater.

you sound like a friend

There will never be another Blockland Forums in the modern internet era of heavily sanitised and astroturfed social media platforms.

There's gotta be somebody that was as fond of this game as I was back in the day. Somebody whom has since became very successful... somebody who could buy out the game from Badspot and relaunch it? There's a few changes that would need to be made to make it able to survive in modern day gaming.

I just hate to see it go... this is so sad...

I haven't played in years so I know I'm a part of the problem, but I'd love to revisit it one day...

I'm going to miss everyone here. Nostalgic as hell reading the forums.

Blockland was a massive part of my childhood and is what got me into PC gaming. Some of my happiest moments in gaming was playing on servers, hosting mine, and talking to people on these forums. I really wish the game still had an active community, because no other game has really filled the gap that Blockland left. This game kinda had small town vibes where everyone knew everyone.

I wish Badspot would consider selling the game to someone in the community to continue development on it, or at the very least maintain the forums, allow new users to join, and keep the servers up. Hell I'd help pay.

Maybe I'll bring my servers back one last time for a little reunion.

I'll still remember the dramas I got for being extraordinarily stupid, but now that I grew up, seeing my old posts kinda feels like looking at an old relic, as cringy as they may have been.

It's going to be sad to see all of this go, but then again, this must be the borrowed timeTM running out.