Land of Dran

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 12159 times)

brickadiabros we got too roostery...

Please don’t be a creep please don’t be a creep

- Homebrew engine
- Strong upfront emphasis on modding instead of anthro cosmetics
- Buildable vehicles not faked for marketing purposes
- Nobody has been banned for criticizing child enthusiasm
Soul

Oh stuff, this has potential.

Will this have Quora support?

Please don’t be a creep please don’t be a creep
that's the big marketing point really: land of dran is not run by chomos

Looks like it has potential.

it honestly looks like blockland purgatory. not in a good or bad way, just a melancholy unsettling way, like putting your dementia-ridden elders on life support so they can live out 10 more years of absolute confusion.

it honestly looks like blockland purgatory. not in a good or bad way, just a melancholy unsettling way, like putting your dementia-ridden elders on life support so they can live out 10 more years of absolute confusion.
Kind of like revisiting old GMod maps you used to play on as a kid in single player?

this looks really promising but it needs more charm for sure

I am begging you not to recreate the UI of blockland. and I can't tell from the video either way, but if you are actually limited to using the colors in a colorset, that is an absolute travesty. that decision didn't even make sense in 2007, much less now
also it's kind of cringe to name it after yourself
otherwise good luck

I am begging you not to recreate the UI of blockland. and I can't tell from the video either way, but if you are actually limited to using the colors in a colorset, that is an absolute travesty. that decision didn't even make sense in 2007, much less now
Server side (i.e. scripts and such) brick color was always 32bit RGBA. I just felt a color palette for the client was a way to make picking colors easier.
Also I'm not against changing the name, but the only alternatives I ever get suggested are "brickland", "blockadia", "land of block" etc.

Anyway, thanks man.
Been working on this 2 months and I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.

Also I'm not against changing the name, but the only alternatives I ever get suggested are "brickland", "blockadia", "land of block" etc.

I suggest "Blocksteady."

but if you are actually limited to using the colors in a colorset, that is an absolute travesty. that decision didn't even make sense in 2007, much less now

Honestly having a colour palette is generally convenient but I do agree how it can be constraining at times. The best of both worlds, if possible, would be having a colour palette you can edit and adjust on the fly (as in, in-game), making and adding new colours and categories to it so you can make whatever colours suit your leisure. A bit like what they have in drawing programs.