Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 14537 times)

didnt you say you beat it to CP at one point? i think YOUR game of choice is the other one friend..
was that before or after you spammed gore on the forums and the dms of multiple minors? before AND after since you did it repeatedly over the course of multiple years
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:19:39 AM by PhantOS »

didnt you say you beat it to CP at one point? i think YOUR game of choice is the other one friend..
was that before or after you spammed gore on the forums and the dms of multiple minors? before AND after since you did it repeatedly over the course of multiple years

Dagnam at this rate the drama will be full of cp and harassment arrests.

can't wait to buy the land of dran fascism dlc

People are gonna be disappointed when they realize I'm just going to ban any offensive content just like any other serious gamedev in 2023.

People are gonna be disappointed when they realize I'm just going to ban any offensive content just like any other serious gamedev in 2023.
does this include what people say or do in their own servers? (assuming you'll make a master server model like Blockland)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 06:17:02 PM by Defendor »

does this include what people say or do in their own servers? (assuming you'll make a master server model like Blockland)
I mean I can't really monitor what everyone does in their own server all of the time. And the worst I could really do to punish someone anyway would be to de-list them from the master server.

I just don't want my community to be made up of Brickadia rejects who are just here to say the N-word or whatever.

I just don't want my community to be made up of Brickadia rejects who are just here to say the N-word or whatever.
Respect

fascism by itself isn't particularly offensive. its history was permanently tarnished by genocide and oppression but in a vacuum its just another political ideology. as a developer you're going to have to choose between protecting the interests of your game and company vs the freedom of speech and interests of your playerbase. the former is obviously the safest choice in today's economy.

good to hear that, was a bit uncertain if this would end up as similarly unmoderated/abandoned cesspool like here.

honestly feel like maybe the best way to go about things is to avoid having a centralized official community - see how mc, league of legends, etc killed their own official discussion boards, and new games generally not having anything outside a discord at most in terms of officially moderated community, and all are doing just fine

fascism by itself isn't particularly offensive. its history was permanently tarnished by genocide and oppression but in a vacuum its just another political ideology. as a developer you're going to have to choose between protecting the interests of your game and company vs the freedom of speech and interests of your playerbase. the former is obviously the safest choice in today's economy.

Getting some serious "sir this is a Wendy's" vibes. Is this something that would belong in the Land of Dran discord's general chat?

good to hear that, was a bit uncertain if this would end up as similarly unmoderated/abandoned cesspool like here.

honestly feel like maybe the best way to go about things is to avoid having a centralized official community - see how mc, league of legends, etc killed their own official discussion boards, and new games generally not having anything outside a discord at most in terms of officially moderated community, and all are doing just fine
While in general that seems nice, two counter-points:
1. This is a game (that will be) heavily based around user made content and user hosted experiences.
2. The community is really small. I've only gotten maybe ~50 people in the last month and of those only maybe 10 routinely show up for tests.
Keeping my 10 users together so they can know when someone is hosting a server or ask me a question about how to script seems pretty important.

fascism by itself isn't particularly offensive.
well we've heard enough i think

What are you on about child enthusiast

fascism by itself isn't particularly offensive
Youve redeemed yourself

Just kidding youre still attracted to children

the only thing im attracted to is my grill and lawnmower