counter strike 2 is pretty much half life source

Author Topic: counter strike 2 is pretty much half life source  (Read 6098 times)

It is literally just CSGO on source 2, everything is ported over to the new engine and most levels have been given new reflective surfaces like how some half life source levels were.

plus csgo is dog stuff and quite souless. you cannot convince me otherwise.

Does not like cs go 2

doesnt even like cs go

What are you wanting if you dont like cs go you are not their target audience.

What are you wanting if you dont like cs go you are not their target audience.
I am making a direct comparison to the release of Half Life Source to CS:2.

i logged 650 hours in csgo in the mid 2010s and can confirm that the game is utter garbage

I don’t get it. Is CS2 a broken unplayable mess and direct downgrade from CS:GO? I think the game is stuff but CS2 seems competently made. Most of the work is mechanical involving high end netcode which actually probably matters a lot to it’s competitive crowd. Looks like they might be finally fixing the crosshair too

I don’t get it. Is CS2 a broken unplayable mess and direct downgrade from CS:GO? I think the game is stuff but CS2 seems competently made. Most of the work is mechanical involving high end netcode which actually probably matters a lot to it’s competitive crowd. Looks like they might be finally fixing the crosshair too
Yeah, calling CS2 Half Life Source is pretty insulting, especially considering just how much is wrong with it, CS2 is more than just a port, and the 3 videos Valve put out already show plenty of what's different

Looks like they might be finally fixing the crosshair too

nobody sane uses the default crosshair

you numbnuts really aren't getting that CS2 is literally csgo as a straight port to source 2 like how half life source was.

what is new other than engine changes, few graphical tweaks, network issues solved? any new weapons, standout gameplay features, new weapons, characters?

no, there isn't. guess what half life source had compared to half life 1 on goldsrc...

You have a surface level understanding of the HL:S situation. But yeah forget the cutting edge networking upgrade which is the core of the entire competitive shooting genre; what it really needs is a New Shiny Toy that goes Boom bang! before we can call it a sequel I guess. Because that's what CS:GO players really really love, meta changes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 04:40:23 PM by Crook »

there are pretty substantial gameplay changes. the utility nades are way different now. the meta is gonna be completely different.

but yeah its more of an engine upgrade than a new game which i think people are fine with. every CS player i know is hyped

i like the volumetric smokes maybe it will make me play cs:go instead of Dogstuff Horrible Game Valorant Why Did I Spend So Much Money On Gun Skins

there are pretty substantial gameplay changes. the utility nades are way different now. the meta is gonna be completely different.

but yeah its more of an engine upgrade than a new game which i think people are fine with. every CS player i know is hyped
so it's more or less just like half life source. people should be downright furious by the lack of content. it's almost as shameful of a rerelease of gta v on next gen hardware