counter strike 2 is pretty much half life source

Author Topic: counter strike 2 is pretty much half life source  (Read 11119 times)

so it's more or less just like half life source. people should be downright furious by the lack of content. it's almost as shameful of a rerelease of gta v on next gen hardware

Why triple down on this when you are completely out of touch with both games lol? It's free. Get a life.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:52:01 PM by Crook »

so it's more or less just like half life source. people should be downright furious by the lack of content. it's almost as shameful of a rerelease of gta v on next gen hardware
it's more than just a lazy port, it is primarily only that, but the gameplay and graphics are changed and improved upon, very unlike half-life source which only gave hl1... nicer water?

if they did a completely new game that would be much more divisive. people forget how unpopular csgo was in the first few years. it split up the counterstrike playerbase and the pros had no choice but to play it to keep their careers going. the gameplay kinda sucked for the first few years.

also everyone has known for years that valve was working on a port to the source 2 engine so there was 0 expectation of a whole ass new game. if anything it's disappointing how long this port took because source 2 has existed for a long time already

it's disappointing how long this port took because source 2 has existed for a long time already
it has but source 2 wasn't really in a very useable state up until dota2/alyx, what's more disappointing is how long the development of s2 took rather than how long the port took

ok so don't play it. simple as that. next problem please

you misunderstand. the entire cs fanbase is 100% composed of players who absolutely despise change of any kind. they started playing first person shooters with csgo and once they got used to this utterly horrible shooting system they couldn't go back to games that actually work. if you change a single polygon on dust 2 or adjust the recoil pattern of the ak by 0.38 pixels the community will collapse in on itself and take half of esports down with it. they are preserved in time like fossils in amber and all that can be done is to polish the outer layer. any more will destroy the ecosystem.
csgo is essentially the potted houseplant of video games

it's more than just a lazy port, it is primarily only that, but the gameplay and graphics are changed and improved upon, very unlike half-life source which only gave hl1... nicer water?

Honestly I’d be pressed to call it lazy. When I think of lazy port I think of TLOU hitting steam unplayable at $60. When I think of scam I think of Half Life Source stealing assets from the modding community and putting it in a game they were selling among countless other forgetups, glitches and downgrades. CS2 is actually very well received right now, sourpuss just keeps moving the goalposts whenever someone points out the upgrades which is why he accidentally repeated himself in a list of only four expectations

maybe counter strike is something i will never comprehend to understand

download better internet smh

discussion has passed.

bottom line: cs2 rubbish