Author Topic: Blockland Glass is compromised [update: contained] [CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS]  (Read 9073 times)

no he just ran an insert command down the database for the addon tables data
it appeared like it was only the front page addons since i couldn't find anything else with notable names that weren't on the front page but granted i only searched a few pages

God damn it kidalex

Hello, Blockland Forums!

Hello, Blockland Forums!
seems like a textbook daunte walker/kevin wilkins/datiel allen (thugs) operation tbh. the unfunny mondayspeak spammed on the front page.. low level attack (unfiltered addon SQL input). koster spam and + they all come out the woodwork for it.?

Lucky for me, I never had created an account for Glass to my knowledge...

would it be possible to recover the add-ons that were lost with the compromise, or would they all just have to be reuploaded?

most should be recovered. however no guarantees on all mods as the zip dump the attackers dropped cannot be confirmed to contain all the addons, or to contain safe versions of them. there's also a file count discrepancy between what they dumped and what was deleted off the cdn, which may mean some addons are gone.

most should be recovered. however no guarantees on all mods as the zip dump the attackers dropped cannot be confirmed to contain all the addons, or to contain safe versions of them. there's also a file count discrepancy between what they dumped and what was deleted off the cdn, which may mean some addons are gone.

to further clarify, the cdn was completely erased and the "zip dump" was uploaded by the attacker(s) in its place.

the zip is encrypted but apparently has the contents of the cdn in it prior to deletion (the file names weren't encrypted so are viewable).

it's either:

- an attempt at a joke, i.e. a "we can see the data but can't ever get it back" deal.
- leverage for some form of ransom or demand, although to my knowledge no ransom or demand has been received to this date.  we wouldn't respond any way.

the file count discrepancy is not between the now-deleted cdn and the dump, the file count discrepancy is between what we actually have left over on the glass server and the dump.

the now-deleted cdn is exactly that - deleted - there is nothing to compare it with any more except that encrypted dump file, and as far as i'm aware it is literally just the entirety of the cdn but encrypted.  we will never know if they actually made modifications to the contents because the contents are encrypted, and even if we had the password it would still be considered an untrustworthy source.

regardless, we're confident that in time all add-ons can be restored as the ones that are missing can easily be found elsewhere.  what might be gone forever are all the add-on pages' screenshots since they were also stored on the cdn and it is unlikely anyone would have saved those specifically.

somehow I always knew something like this would happen which is why I never used blg. and if I did download an add-on from blg I always deleted the json and extra crap inside the .zip that wasn't needed

i do like blg for the archiving and uploading of add-ons though it's basically an rtb website replacement so i hope everything gets fixed. idk why petty people think that sort of crap is funny

somehow I always knew something like this would happen which is why I never used blg. and if I did download an add-on from blg I always deleted the json and extra crap inside the .zip that wasn't needed

i do like blg for the archiving and uploading of add-ons though it's basically an rtb website replacement so i hope everything gets fixed. idk why petty people think that sort of crap is funny
ah a savant are we

How is there not an off-site backup of the cdn?
Blockland Add-ons are pretty small so it's not like it's several terabytes.

nobody thought that the aws containers getting their entire contents deleted was a risk factor

also blockland addons are low-value in the grand scheme of things so jincux probably didnt think of backing it up when he made the website, id guess

geez man i dont even remember if i made a glass account, much less the password

geez man i dont even remember if i made a glass account, much less the password
They sent me an e-mail letting me know, so I'd imagine they did the same for everyone