Author Topic: New Steam UI update  (Read 3427 times)

Alot of their other UI updates were relatively minor but this! Theyve gone too far. I think this is the death of a era. Anyone agree, or anyone like the new UI better?

steam used to look like attached

i cant believe steam would change their font. what a loving travesty

i cant believe steam would change their font. what a loving travesty
They also switched from vgui to chromium, so i don't think you can make custom skins anymore

Opted into the Beta to try the new UI before it was released. It's good. I kinda wished they kept the original aesthetic and didn't follow in the footsteps of other UI's by making things flat and 'modern', but otherwise it's much more functional, and gels with the rest of their platform a lot better. Especially the game overlay, what they did with that was a fantastic upgrade to the old one. There is something to be said for the charm of the stuff we're used to, but I think this is on the whole, a step in the right direction.

Opted into the Beta to try the new UI before it was released.
You masochist

i dont like it but it could be way loving worse

even if its not that big of a change, it still somehow seems so boring and flat, i cant really complain but thats because theres so little to say about it in the first place
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:37:45 AM by BrickQuake »

its pretty lovey, me like.

it's not that bad but they changed the close overlay button position from top center to top center-right which is really annoying with the muscle memory i have at this point

it's not that bad but they changed the close overlay button position from top center to top center-right which is really annoying with the muscle memory i have at this point
there's a button to close the overlay? for all my time on steam i've always used the hotkey to close it... maybe u should start doing that too

vgui to chromium

The majority of the problems are probably because of this but its no excuse. Me and a group of friends who updates are now having controller issues and response issues. Overall just feels slower than it was before.

Not only did steam lose its UI, it lost its soul ;(

I like this feature, ft. non consenting blocklanders. Dunno if it was in previous versions