Author Topic: blockland rebuilt  (Read 26541 times)

dead game (2.9mil brick party hosted since may)

hey thats my build :)

my take on brickadia is that it will not find lasting success without modding. and from what I can tell they aren't really interested in adding that. sooo I guess we'll see

Beating a dead horse
So what makes everyone think this is safe to run?
[img ]https://i.imgur.com/I5vddSZ.png[/img]
If you don't like BLR and don't want to play it, just say so, it's fine if you feel that way, but you don't have to go through this whole song and dance to show it

Also, i think those virus reports are false positives to do with the use of DLL injections people have been using with Blockland to bypass certain limitations with the engine

If you don't like BLR and don't want to play it, just say so, it's fine if you feel that way, but you don't have to go through this whole song and dance to show it

Also, i think those virus reports are false positives to do with the use of DLL injections people have been using with Blockland to bypass certain limitations with the engine

Yeah I'm being harsh because I think maps were jank and I'll admit I'm a bit jaded after someone from this forum tried to install a rat on my pc when I was a child a decade ago.
Obviously you think it's great and you trust the author but I don't. Besides it doesn't hurt to point out the risks especially with hacked/modded clients.
Just ignore my posts and continue in bliss

Run a patched blockland.exe (shaders and maybe environmental zones?) and see if it has the same results. Pls, for science.

That bitdefender is a false positive. Idk about the rest though. Knowing the BL community. And kenkos paranoia of open sourcing it, It likely is a trojan.

Who cares though? Its blockland! Run it in a isolated. VM if you are scared.

my take on brickadia is that it will not find lasting success without modding. and from what I can tell they aren't really interested in adding that. sooo I guess we'll see
Yeah all the people saying it's dead or that the issues surrounding their (past?) staff are going to kill it are grossly hyperbolic or just kidding.
I actually think it will do pretty well, but also understand that at a certain point it is competing with Roblox (and even Minecraft), not Blockland.
A $30 price tag (which will probably increase after early access lol) and lack of modding will be the real things that stunt it's growth if anything.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 10:03:52 PM by DrenDran »

A $30 price tag (which will apparently increase after early access lol)
no loving way they're going to increase it what lmao where'd they say this

no loving way they're going to increase it what lmao where'd they say this
Isn't that the point of early access?
That you're playing a less well rounded version of the game, but for helping support them early on you get a bit of a discount?

Isn't that the point of early access?
That you're playing a less well rounded version of the game, but for helping support them early on you get a bit of a discount?

Ah, so 'early access' just means 'dont criticize it too much.'
I hate modern video games lol

Ah, so 'early access' just means 'dont criticize it too much.'
I hate modern video games lol

Early access has always been "pay us to test our game for us"

ran blockland and patched blockland, all show no viruses. Run blockland rebuilt and it shows the same. Boys, we may have been bamboozled.

"11% of vendors deemed this program suspicious purely heuristically and not a single sandbox could actually confirm any of those suspicions." Boys, we may have been bamboozled.

Knowing the BL community. And kenkos paranoia of open sourcing it, It likely is a trojan.
unfortunately, publicly handing out the source code of something you normally have to pay for would be "copyright infringement" which is "illegal"

"11% of vendors deemed this program suspicious purely heuristically and not a single sandbox could actually confirm any of those suspicions." Boys, we may have been bamboozled.
unfortunately, publicly handing out the source code of something you normally have to pay for would be "copyright infringement" which is "illegal"

I have a friend who just got banned on the discord after they tried to tell others. Everyone agreed that it was a virus, but then the moderators silenced them and stopped them from seeing the truth.

From the responses, Its well known, but people have invested too much to stop at this point.

Its not like kenko can release the code on archive.org or odysee.com or heck, even torrent it, and then let others create their own repos on gitlab or other less restrictive platforms than github. Anonymously, a "leak" that isnt tied to any specific individual.

But hey, that wouldnt give them back door access or the lamplight they cant stop basking in. Time will tell, since people are onto them they will likely remove the trojan, I believe me and my friend have done our parts.