Author Topic: I keep opening the forum to see if there's anything new and interesting on here  (Read 41287 times)

I miss when I could hop on here at any hour of the day and see at least one other person online, those times are gone now.

At work I'll regularly type an 'f' into the search bar and get surprised this forum does not come up on suggested. I was never really a huge poster. Most of the posts across my accounts I feel are just me getting pulled into drama.

thanks for the thread

Krystal's clan mentioned 💃

Should we just keep mentioning people that haven't posted for years? Because that always seems to bring them back to life for some reason.

I don't really talk to anyone from here in my daily life. Foxscotch, you're like some sort of temporal anchor for this place. No matter how dead it is, I can rely on seeing a post from you!

besides that i have similar memories/feelings towards of this community and this place @fox. without it i wouldnt have met lifelong friends.
one way or another I think it has affected almost all of us greatly. I can't think of a blocklander (former or otherwise) I still know today who doesn't consider it to have been a meaningful part of their childhood or teenage years
omg hiiii
I don't really talk to anyone from here in my daily life. Foxscotch, you're like some sort of temporal anchor for this place. No matter how dead it is, I can rely on seeing a post from you!
<3 it's because it has become a part of me. implanted, pretending to be some secret new organ, waiting for me to die so that its children can consume my body and continue the cycle

youre someone i remember as being cool, so theres that

id happily talk about my experience in the community and what ive been up to since but id rather just have someone ask me about it directly, although i dont think theres many people who i've interacted with a bit here who i dont also talk to outside of the blf

I'm a lurker at heart so I'll check the forums once in awhile as a force of habit. I regret not interacting with the Blockland Community more before its decline but as a kid it seemed very daunting. Maybe I dodged a bullet there.

Should we just keep mentioning people that haven't posted for years? Because that always seems to bring them back to life for some reason.
I'll give it a try:

Does anyone remember Georges? I think I remember him being one of the nicest people here when he was active

I'll give it a try:

Does anyone remember Georges? I think I remember him being one of the nicest people here when he was active
Him and magick mage

Wow, it's been a while - almost three years! I was browsing through my history when I stumbled on this post, so I figured I might as well reply.

I last posted on the forums on December 23rd, 2020. A lot's happened in my life in these last three years.

On December 25th, 2021, I realized I'm trans. I came out to my family and friends, started HRT, lost old friends, gained new friends, changed my name, got a girlfriend, got in a car crash, got a job to pay for my HRT, all the while looking to find a tech job that'll hire some random woman with no academic credentials or professional experience to speak of. Fun times!

Blockland holds a lot of memories for me, both good and bad. I remember the friendships I had across nearly a decade that I was part of this community, most of whom I've lost touch with and will probably never hear from again. I remember all the wonderful game mods I wrote and servers I hosted, and the fun times we had. I also remember the toxicity this community could bring, and how somehow Blockland always brought out the worst version of myself. More than anything else, that was why I stopped hosting - I don't like the person I become when I host.

To everyone I met, thank you for the good experiences we had, and I apologize for adding to the bad.

i think you hosted the first trench TDM server i ever joined in like 2010, when 20K IDs were new. I always think of that when I see your name lol. Glad to see you here

i think you hosted the first trench TDM server i ever joined in like 2010, when 20K IDs were new. I always think of that when I see your name lol. Glad to see you here

Thank you! Yep, I remember that server. It went through a lot of iterations over the years - the weapons changed a few times, and there were a few different versions of the lava moat. It also had the Ragemode boss, which in retrospect I probably should have given about a fifth the health so it didn't drag on so long. There were also a couple higher tiers if you waited to get enough Rage for them, but I don't think those ever got used by anyone who wasn't cheating (I gave myself enough Rage to trigger those variants a few times).

youre someone i remember as being cool, so theres that
ty my friend
Maybe I dodged a bullet there.
hard to say. I think definitely there are some people for whom spending so much time here was a net loss, and for others, a net gain. but ultimately you just have to play with the hand you're dealt. if you're good now, nothing to regret
On December 25th, 2021, I realized I'm trans. I came out to my family and friends, started HRT, lost old friends, gained new friends, [...]
omg congrats I hope everything is going well. I don't talk about it here often but I've been identifying as nonbinary since late 2018 (although even before then I would say I had a mostly apathetic approach to my own gender, and I still choose not to use any more specific labels than that), and decided to start E in april of this year, after much deliberation and a couple years of waffling back and forth. might cause some awkward family situations if and when it becomes more outwardly obvious, but until then i am chillin
Blockland holds a lot of memories for me, both good and bad. I remember the friendships I had across nearly a decade that I was part of this community, most of whom I've lost touch with and will probably never hear from again. I remember all the wonderful game mods I wrote and servers I hosted, and the fun times we had. I also remember the toxicity this community could bring, and how somehow Blockland always brought out the worst version of myself. More than anything else, that was why I stopped hosting - I don't like the person I become when I host.
I definitely picked up some bad interpersonal habits here myself, but I think I have mostly plucked them all back out. I can still be a bit argumentative sometimes but it's ok. sad to hear that yours wasn't as positive but I hope you still gained something from your time here

omg congrats I hope everything is going well. I don't talk about it here often but I've been identifying as nonbinary since late 2018 [...]

Thank you, and congrats! Things have been going great for me - my life is so much better since my egg cracked and I started HRT. There's so much that I wouldn't be able to summarize everything!

[...] decided to start E in april of this year, after much deliberation and a couple years of waffling back and forth.

Congratulations! I hope everything's going well for you too <3

might cause some awkward family situations if and when it becomes more outwardly obvious, but until then i am chillin

Oof, yeah. Hopefully your family is chill, I wish you good luck!