Author Topic: MGS2 VR Mission Inspired DM  (Read 5451 times)

Well a few months ago I was replaying MGS2 (Metal Gear Solid 2): Substance, and was really inspired by the almost cell shaded VR Missions. The missions had a wide variety of shapes and forms along with interesting lighting. Another intriguing aspect, was whenever you played the VR Mission, the lighting would reflect what time of day you are playing, (Night: Cyan with dusk twilight background, Afternoon: Orange/ yellow with sun at high Noon, Morning: Maroon with cyan lighting, sun is almost 1/4 the way up). Also the black squares aren't holes, but are pads which if you walk on them they make your footprints show up in-game, so guards will follow you.

So then I thought, "Hey maybe this would be a cool DM type...". And so I began working on the DM, adding a few MGS-esque suprises inside it to make the game more interesting. (Also I love Metal Gear so it came naturally to me)

Ingame photo:

And here is the final work (7.8k bricks approx.):

[White lighting to show detail]

[DM Version, Night]

I have a lot more Developmental photos if you are interested, they are also interesting. Thanks to all that helped test including: Randy, Diggy, entrepreneur in, Facechild, Anti-Cop (yes you), Bacon, Adio, Ministry.

Loved testing this, was so much fun.

Great build and it goes with the theme you had in mind.

10/10, Love it. (Dont care if im not allowed to rate)

Oh yeah, rating is fine, just enjoy.

Looks lovey dude, can't wait to try it out!

10/10

I like it, was fun to come out of nowhere and sneak up on people, 10/10.

I helped test... if by test you mean DM in it. :(
Great build non the less, really fun to DM in it.

all i have to say is.........

Ronin = amazing for this.

looks awsome. I can't wait to play it

Needs moar snapping necks.

Old DM is old :p

Well yeah, its been updated about 1000 times, orginally was a concept for a new DodgeCube arena, but that didn't work out.