Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 53606 times)

Who do you think I should get to wear it?.
For some reason, I find the idea of putting it on criminals (about to be hammered) pretty funny. I can just see the hammerer standing there, first wondering why his hammer got taken away, and now confused as to why every single criminal wears adamantine chainmail.

If the hammerer can't use his hammer, they'll start using their mouth, and end up with severed limbs held in their mouth for years.

WHAT?

good god df defies logic

No, it's just that it has a few glitches, like the ones where dwarves' brains suddenly stop working, or clothes that are stripped off sparring dwarves are carried by their opponent forever.

stfu, df defies logic.

it does.

Anyways.

If the hammerer can't use his hammer, they'll start using their mouth, and end up with severed limbs held in their mouth for years.

That's loving bad-ass I'm so doing that.

I just started figuring out how to play for like the fifth time, and I think this time's the charm!
I'm used to crawl and nethack, so no graphics for me!

Wish you luck man, at least it looks like you finally got over the learning curve and you're ready to experience the true insanity that makes this game awesome.

I had a problem with a burning wolf pup running around setting my booze store alight, blowing my soap maker  away, I've heard reports that they've found pieces of his skull back at the mountainhomes.

The next year of cloistercrush is up for grabs(and has been) guys...

Someone take it already!

I tried to do that once, it flooded and died when a workshop, which was blocking the water in one space got destroyed by an insane dwarf.

Well I have been on forced vacation for the past week and a half (I left around an hour before V9 came out to go to a freinds party and when I got back I couldn't go on my computer because I had to pack so I still haven't got to play V9) and have been useing a laptop to play DF. So far I am on my fourth fortress and it is my first one that has lasted over a year. I had made 12 bedrooms (took all year cause my dwarfs don't work when I tell them to cause they are hauling stone) but I got 21 imagrants! I had to conscript them all and make them kill the infinite carp in my river so that they would die. In the end I spent half a year geting my only live miner to set up a chanel to get my fortress (the whole thing is four z levels down so it took a while) a suply of water. I tried to drown my conscripts but they all got out alive so in the end I took them all out of the army and got them to fish in the carp lake. Other than the mass imagrants, two fey mood dwarfs (only one made an artifact cause I have no metal in my whole fortress), the body riden carp river, and the self made underground river I set up and made my self proud of but can't use cause I have no metal to make a chain out of to build a well nothing has really hapened yet......

Although once a dwarf jumped in the water to hunt a carp and on the way down (my river is two z levels down) canceled the hunt and as soon as he hit the water died. I looked every were for the corpse before I found what I thought was a lava stream it was actually his blood flowing down river XD.

Diverting rivers underground is a death wish unless you have a chasm or want your fortress flooded.

I have it all worked it with a flood gate and a wall grate and every thing so I have (sadly) no casuiltys (so far).