Author Topic: Counter-Strike  (Read 3728 times)

Originally a mod for Half-Life, Counter-Strike was an attempt to make a multiplayer tactical shooter. Later, a sequel of sorts called Condition Zero was released with updated textures and a single player mode featuring the official CS bot. Counter Strike was later remade for the Source engine.

To this day, Counter-Strike is still popular, and is where the stereotypical 6-year old yelling mic noob is usually found. Instead of tactics, people rush. Teamwork is still involved.

Players can carry up to 4 weapons: A melee weapon, a sidearm, a prime arm, and a grenade. There are 3 types of grenades: Frag, Smoke, and Flashbang.

The reason I posted this topic is because I recently was given CS1.6 and Condition Zero, but not Source. Ah, well.

My steam ID is ChexGuy331

I seriously want this game Now.

if you know the good servers you can get away from that

i once went to a server where there were 2 guys telling us tactics, it was awesome :D

I'm pretty good at source. It's easier for me to play it rather than 1.6

I think handling controls is easier in Source than it is in GoldSrc.

I hate Counter-Strike. Besides the fact that it's boring as stuff, the community(Or 99% of it) is handicapped to no end. This ranges from typical insults "Jew" and "Gay" to making extremly terrible Maps or Abusing moderative privlages.

Yuki must be playing on the homoloveual servers. I guess it makes him feel welcome.

If you find a good server it's really fun and you can have a good time. People mind their own business and just play. I have yet to come across a server that has anything that you mentioned. Yeah you get your typical 10 year olds acting tough but all of the above can also be said for Blockland.

I play a lot of Source.

anybody wana play?

i can host :D

i have CS:S

but i don't play it much as like yuki said:
it's boring as stuff

I feel like a no-lifer. I player on a single server n cs_assault for 2 hours straight.

I got 15 kills. :(

Go on the Karm[A]ssault server, tis awesome. I know the guy who runs it. :D

http://www.karmassault.net/

Does it have the parachute mod? :D

No, it's stock 24/7 cs_assault. No custom crap, only AMX.

Go on the Karm[A]ssault server, tis awesome. I know the guy who runs it. :D

http://www.karmassault.net/
[/quote

Sounds fun!
....Which CS is it for?

Also, @Chex, I am pretty bad myself.