Author Topic: New Movie: Indy  (Read 7911 times)

Indiana Jones...
I know I haven't been very active in movies for quite a while, and I know that this is a broad topic, but Im working on it bit by bit. Im working (so far) on Raiders of the Lost Ark in BL. I have several sets made already and few mechanics of the movie worked out (such as stunts).

The reason I'm posting this is because I'm looking for some helpers. The sets for this movie are very involved, as you can imagine, so if anybody is interested in helping me build, please send me a PM. Also, if you think you might be able to host a server for us to work on, please send me a PM. (I cannot host temporarily because of my stupid internet).

As I said before, this is just and idea, so don't flame. If this gets done  (and so far, I think it will) this will be my first official release from BL.

As always, thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:25:05 PM by General Jake »

Do not interperate this as a flame or anything, but I have to warn you that I have not seen a single completed movie made on Blockland. Ever.

I know what you mean. I'm running into a lot of problems with it now actually...
The things I made in RTB were a lot easier.

I'll try, but Im not sure at this point if I'll be able to finish it. Still PM me if anybody wants to help though.

Also I'm considering finishing up one of my old projects instead. We'll see what happens.

Do not interperate this as a flame or anything, but I have to warn you that I have not seen a single completed movie made on Blockland. Ever.

uh..did you search yet?
lots of people made them, i made like 4 but they're crap, i forget who made the idiots of blockland but that too, and youtube search they might not be good but they still have a plot and they're filmed.

Don't come out saying you're going to make this "big movie" because it will suck. You need to start out with simple things like skits.

this seems cool , im interested ill have to think about it , i might be and actor if you want like indies son or something
 :cookieMonster:

Same here with ladios.

Wouldn't mind being an actor too. Just one question, how are you going to do the "Ants" scene?

Thousands of players in one server using the ant player type. :cookieMonster:

I'll wait for Tonce to make one.

Heres a little sneek peek of what Jones will look like

uh..did you search yet?
lots of people made them, i made like 4 but they're crap, i forget who made the idiots of blockland but that too, and youtube search they might not be good but they still have a plot and they're filmed.
TioB were not full movies. They were collections of various comical skits. They had not plot.

First Off - Im not interested in your opinions of what you think this movie is gonna be like when its done. I've done this kind of stuff before, so I know it's probably not going to be incredibly good, but I dont think it's going to "suck" either.

Im getting more space for my PC and im getting a movie editor that isn't as crappy as WMM. Then im going to play around with using that to add in some things that I cant actually film (ants for example).

Also a few Misc Notes:

- I dont cast specific people as certain roles, mainly because I dont do all my filming in one day. Multiple people play the same role at different times.

- If you want to help me, please dont just say you want to act. I'm not going to be filming until all my sets are done. If you want to help me make sets, then tell me, because that's the main thing I need right now.

- That picture of Indy that Lance posted isn't official. I still need to ask Jirue, and I'm playing around with a few decals of my own as well.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:44:42 PM by General Jake »

Sounds like a cool project.

You my good sir are a winner.