Author Topic: Crysis  (Read 2657 times)

I have one problem though, when I try to install the sandbox, It says

Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Editor.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory.

What do I do to fix that problem?

8800GTS 640mb version

LOL. no G92 architecture for you!

The multiplayer's pretty good, it's sorta like a more in-depth version of Conquest from the Battlefield games.
The Multiplayer sucks full stop, what loving brilliant idiot thinks every single weapon should have head shots, Jesus I played online and I was driving along and there was a guy about 10 meters away from the road shooting at me and gets 1 single loving bullet into my head and I die. Also the game seems to be easily abuse in multiplayer, you get players who seem to be able to sniper every body with every weapon not to mention the freeze gun spammers who freeze you from a mile away and then punching you making you die instantly. I think Crysis is an awesome game but I only like the Single Player, it would of been way better if they added some Co-op.

Crysis Warhead, the official Crysis expansion, is coming out in two months.

There goes another must-have in the Fall.

Crysis is a trilogy  :cookieMonster:

The multiplayer's pretty good, it's sorta like a more in-depth version of Conquest from the Battlefield games.
The Multiplayer sucks full stop, what loving brilliant idiot thinks every single weapon should have head shots, Jesus I played online and I was driving along and there was a guy about 10 meters away from the road shooting at me and gets 1 single loving bullet into my head and I die. Also the game seems to be easily abuse in multiplayer, you get players who seem to be able to sniper every body with every weapon not to mention the freeze gun spammers who freeze you from a mile away and then punching you making you die instantly. I think Crysis is an awesome game but I only like the Single Player, it would of been way better if they added some Co-op.

How about we shoot at you with every single weapon in the world and see which ones kill you with a head shot.

I have one problem though, when I try to install the sandbox, It says

Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Editor.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory.

What do I do to fix that problem?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:56:41 PM by jungemann »

I heard no computer could run crysis on "high" because it was to much..

i remember reading a thing in a gamer magazine about nasa's super computer being able to run crysis on high for 15 minutes then it gets a fatal error and crashes..

i remember reading a thing in a gamer magazine about nasa's super computer being able to run crysis on high for 15 minutes then it gets a fatal error and crashes..
Say what.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v42o2i9Yct8&feature=related
All maxed, no AA.

You were probably reading a 1up.com, Joystiq, or EGM magazine.

What the hell. What the forget were you reading?

You can play Crysis on high and/or very high settings depending on your hardware and what settings you use.

Main things to consider are Resolution and Anti-aliasing. Sadly most "hardcore" computer hardware review sites only test in absolutely ridiculous resolutions such as 1900x1080 with full AA.

To this day, no available machine or collection of hardware can max Crysis at those incredible resolutions with AA. For many, this means Crysis has yet to be "beaten". However, for the sane among us, achieving high or very high settings is easily possible if you go easy with the resolution and the AA.

To be honest, it is very difficult to tell the difference between high and very high settings unless you are looking a side by side screenshot.

However, if you insist on buying crappy, overpriced, prebuilt machines (even the often flaunted XPS series from Dell) then you are just hurting yourself and your chances of getting a decent experience out of the game.