Blockland for iPhone/iTouch?

Author Topic: Blockland for iPhone/iTouch?  (Read 4191 times)

LICENSE ARE EXPENSIVE, UNLESS HOMEBREW MOST OF YOUR IDEAS WON'T WORK. The reason iPhone would've worked is that the app store costs nothing to host your product.

What's with everyone's obsession with porting this game to every system imaginable?

Oh right, 14 and under.

Blockland usually takes a few hundred megs of RAM. iPhone has <64mb. Never mind the input issues (you need at LEAST 5 axes of input and several buttons), that's a big issue right there.

It might be possible to build some slicko block building app on the iPhone but it wouldn't be the same as what's on the PC.
That's exactally what i want, on PC, BLCAD.

They have touch screens the "iTouch" is called an iPod Touch, idiots.
But then it can't be "iTouch Girls" :p

i was working on torque engine game ports on psp they work fine....... blockland is hard to play on psp. it wasnt worth finishing..... me and my friends worked tribesPSP homebrew...  :cookieMonster:

What's with everyone's obsession with porting this game to every system imaginable?

Oh right, 14 and under.
let me guess.... your 15... wow

Oh right, 14 and under.
It's annoying when one little prick kid comes up with an idea with no thought of the difficulty, required time, or practicality of their idea. It's easy to say you want to port over Blockland to all kinds of crazy things, but who actually wants to take the time to do them all? Very few of you have any idea about real software development. Don't say your mods count towards anything either, from the majority of people all I see is modified gun/jeep scripts. It's not the same thing.

You're all acting like a kid on the playground who comes up with a weapon or super power only to have another add to it or try to one up it.

Not much of a bump, so your safe... For now.

I want to try a lot of these when I actually get my laptop. I'm planing on getting a Flash card for DS, so I'll give the DS version a try.

Oh right, 14 and under.
It's annoying when one little prick kid comes up with an idea with no thought of the difficulty, required time, or practicality of their idea. It's easy to say you want to port over Blockland to all kinds of crazy things, but who actually wants to take the time to do them all? Very few of you have any idea about real software development. Don't say your mods count towards anything either, from the majority of people all I see is modified gun/jeep scripts. It's not the same thing.

You're all acting like a kid on the playground who comes up with a weapon or super power only to have another add to it or try to one up it.

wow man, do you really care? i can post a link of my TribesPsP if you want..... if you don't believe me. but dude, all i said is that your probably not over 14, or 15 for that matter and should not be making those kind of remarks. Can some one lock this topic pls, this Kid is gonna explode...

( i highly doubt your 18, a Real 18 year old would NOT be Playing Blockland... )... lol idk, all i know is that your not 18, and there is now way to prove other wise. THIS IS DA INTERNET. so you can go play in the sandbox like all of us. why do you think you SUPERIOR to us? your not. even if you were 18, what advantage do you have? 4 more years of life experience? w/e dude calm down this is blockland

Forum fights ftw!
lock topic please
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:59:39 AM by sumas »

[

Oh right, 14 and under.

Have you even see (MoA) Shaun's project? Of course the ports that are being made aren't going to measure up to the real Blockland, but the real Blockland has been developing for several years, while a lot of these have been done in a couple weeks time. And the obvious fact that a lot of these systems aren't as powerful as computer.
It's easy to say you want to port over Blockland to all kinds of crazy things, but who actually wants to take the time to do them all?
If someone really wants a port of Blockland on their iTouch/PSP/DS, they take time to do it. If not, at least they attempted it and gave ideas/tips to other developers who might try their hand at it.

Oh, by the way, what have you done in "real software development"? If your going to ask me the same thing, my friend and I develop games (I do mostly ideas and art, but I help out with the coding too). My friends website is www.kikaru.com.

wow man, do you really care? i can post a link of my TribesPsP if you want..... if you don't believe me. but dude, all i said is that your probably not over 14, or 15 for that matter and should not be making those kind of remarks. Can some one lock this topic pls, this Kid is gonna explode...

( i highly doubt your 18, a Real 18 year old would NOT be Playing Blockland... )... lol idk, all i know is that your not 18, and there is now way to prove other wise. THIS IS DA INTERNET. so you can go play in the sandbox like all of us. why do you think you SUPERIOR to us? your not. even if you were 18, what advantage do you have? 4 more years of life experience? w/e dude calm down this is blockland

Forum fights ftw!
lock topic please
k

If someone really wants a port of Blockland on their iTouch/PSP/DS, they take time to do it. If not, at least they attempted it and gave ideas/tips to other developers who might try their hand at it.

Oh, by the way, what have you done in "real software development"? If your going to ask me the same thing, my friend and I develop games (I do mostly ideas and art, but I help out with the coding too). My friends website is www.kikaru.com.
The balloon game looks fun. I'll try them out later. I wasn't targeting out any specific person like you Me, just people who spew this crap with no ability or motivation to actually do it. 

The balloon game is fun, but gets hard after a few pink bubbles. There are two games he didn't upload, one is done, the other he kinda quit on that I will add the links to later.