Author Topic: When you were new to the Internet...  (Read 5278 times)

I recall when Gmail accounts were coming out. There was a closed beta system where everyone could invite 5 of their friends and you could trade for an invitation using Google's system. I was one of the first to get invited. My invitation was a reward for winning a contest on a forum.

I played Runescape back when it was good. I owned a a pair of bunny ears, a santa hat, and a halloween mask by picking them up when they were dropped. I betatested Runescape 2.

I recall being convinced by a friend to download FireFox 1.0

At one point I remember studying HTML when I was 8.

56K was the bee's knees.

Runescape classic was free

56K was the bee's knees.
Back in my day we didn't have no bees, and we sure as hell didn't have no knees! Our pixelated legs moved like loving twigs through the jolly forest of inadequate graphical design.

Doin it right?

I got pissed cuz I learned that Photoshop was $500. I still hate adobe's stupid prices. Autodesk is the worst for pricing though.

I got pissed cuz I learned that Photoshop was $500. I still hate adobe's stupid prices. Autodesk is the worst for pricing though.
Adobe really does need to crank up the pricing, though. I think all their liscences are for commercial use, so the businesses that actually want to use Photoshop seriously cannot pirate a copy because they're putting themselves out there for a lawsuit. That really makes them the target for price gouging, because no one else wants to pay that loving much for private use.

runescape lvl 72. Got like 30 viruses. Old windows ME. Wal-Mart connect for internet (Dialup)(Yes they have ISP)

runescape lvl 72. Got like 30 viruses. Old windows ME. Wal-Mart connect for internet (Dialup)(Yes they have ISP)
Oh god, I remember Windows ME. Horrible.

I also was on AOL at one point.

My Runescape Character was level 91 before it got iced. My final blackmark was for this. This is the ONLY thing in the entire chatlog that was for the ban.

"I'm a ****sheep
I like the little girls"

I remember windows 95. I also remember the BEST game of all time.

Battlezone 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciLha0bYJo&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:23:01 AM by Cogizio »

Windows 95 :o

Microsoft word 97 :0

Internet Explorer 3.0 :O

I remember playing RuneScape when the graphics were stuff (RS Classic)
I got up to lvl 90 with 87 cooking then quit about 6 months ago... Migrated to full-time Blockland instead of part-time.

Adobe really does need to crank up the pricing, though. I think all their liscences are for commercial use, so the businesses that actually want to use Photoshop seriously cannot pirate a copy because they're putting themselves out there for a lawsuit. That really makes them the target for price gouging, because no one else wants to pay that loving much for private use.
It is still bullstuff that you would have to pay for that when the same thing can be done for free. and 3ds max seriously needs to have a price drop. C'mon 3 grand for a god damned program. Hell I would just buy a new computer with that money. I hated 95. we unfortunately had the dos equivalent.

Jesus...
That's old...

The first rainbow six came out, 1999

I was level 50 or so on runescape and I remember clinging to my scythe I got from Halloween. I decided to quit after it got repetitive. Then I got into counter-strike.