The Space Challenge

Author Topic: The Space Challenge  (Read 1389 times)

The Space Challenge

Captains Log
Log # 41
4:53 pm - 4/23/2157

A couple hundred kilometers from our base there is a mining depot. For several months now they have been digging down into Mars' crust, trying to find something to show there once was life on this desolate planet. They had been having good progress, well until yesterday. Yesterday they came upon a cave, and in that cave there was some sort of ancient structure. The miners sent out for some scientist from our base. We sent them, but we never should have. When the scientists examined the structure something inside it 'turned on' and a teleport was layed upon them. The scientists then sent for some of our soldiers to help find out what was beyond the teleport. After several minutes of debut for who should go first one soldier slipped and fell in the teleport. The others went in after him to find themsleves stuck in an ice cold cave. They followed the cave and then found another teleport. They activated it and stepped through. At this point the radio connection was very bad. They said they were in another cave with yet another teleport. They went through it and thats when we lost contact.

Captains Log
Log #42
3:13 am - 4/24/2157

Damn it damn it damn it! We have received contact with the last remaining Soldier. LAST remaining soldier. He was attacked by some sort of 'alien'. Minutes after receiving this message the mining depot sent out a distress signal. We have reason to believe that the 'aliens' attacked them. What are we going to do?

Captains Log
Log #43
9:34 am - 4/24/2157

This cannot be happening. A couple of minutes ago there was an earthquake and from Mars' crust rose a massive ship. We believe its the 'Mother Ship'. We aimed all of out AA Guns at it and took it out of the sky. It crash landed on the Moon. From our telescopes we can see there is still life on that ship, and that they are sending an army towards us. Its an all-out war! Theres only one thing we can do. We must awaken them. I know they didn't finish all their Training but they can do it on the way there. We must defeat those alien bas
*Coffee Spill* ds. If these aliens win then *Transmission Error* *Reestablishing Connection* Hello Humans, I see you have shot down our Queen. Well that cannot be tolerated. You have chosen your fate. Now you are going to DIE. Your brains were never big enough for these kinds of things. Goodbye. *Transmission Terminated*

Building

The Space Challenge has been a project of mine and a few others for a while now. This Challenge is gonna be very different from most Challenges as it is also a TDM. Humans vs. Aliens. The Challenge got so big and laggy that we had to find a new part of the map were you couldn't see the other. Also the Wrench events lagged the entire server but ever so slightly. SO i have decided that we split this Challenge into Three parts. Part one which is ALMOST done, is the Mars level. Part Two is the Moon Level, and Part Three Is the Mother Ship Level. The Mother Ship is gonna be its own level because its gonna be several small challenges, then the thing that i cant wait to build... Well i cant tell you that right now. Some of you may know, but all I can tell you is, that it will be BIG. After i finish making Part Two I shall lock my server and only allow some people to join. If you would like to help build this I will need to see your building and wrench event skills. If you become part of the building crew you will get the password.

Completion Chart

Part One (Mars) - 100% Complete
Part Two (Moon) - 2% Complete
Part Three (Mother Ship) - Not Started

Builders List

Cog Spartan - Lead Designer/Lead Builder
LolBurt - Builder*
Mr. Block - Builder*
//Reformist - Builder*
Amiret - Designer (Application Pending)
Singapura - Builder
* = Secondary Leader

Trailer

After I Complete the entire Challenge and before I release it, I will make a trailer. So if you want to be an actor in this trailer just ask, you don't need any skill in building and wrenching.

Actors List

Cog Spartan - Director
LolBurt - Actor
Mr. Block - Actor
Jonny - Actor (Did he change his name? I forgot.)
MonkeyMeat - Actor
Singapura - Builder

If you want to be a builder and you ask first on this topic, then join my server anytime and show me your app. I will host a 'Space Challenge Builder Apps' Server soon and every once and a while.

Pictures

Please leave some constructive criticism, but nothing mean.

News

Part One Complete! - Finally after a lot of hard work Part One is done!
TDM - After fighting the Aliens i have decided to make a TDM only after the completion of the challenge.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:41:31 PM by Cog_Spartan »

I'm not the best t building, but I could help. I could also draw some layouts for places or references if nessecary.
Looking nice so far too.

I love'd doing it, Cog.

Btw, where have you been? D:

I'm not the best at building, but I could help. I could also draw some layouts for places or references if nessecary.
Looking nice so far too.

That would be pretty cool, so stay in touch and watch out for The Space Challenge server

I love'd doing it, Cog.

I've been at my friends place for a week then my Aunts for another week. O ya i forgot to add you to the builders list.

Sorry for double toast D:

I love'd doing it with Cog.

sry jk i couldnt resist

Builders List

LolBurt - Builder*
Mr. Block - Builder*
//Reformist - Builder*
Singapura - Builder

Yay! I get credit for doing nothing!  :cookieMonster:

Builders List

LolBurt - Builder*
Mr. Block - Builder*
//Reformist - Builder*
Singapura - Builder

Yay! I get credit for doing nothing! :cookieMonster:

Actually, that means you can help build bot that you have built stuff.

Builders List

LolBurt - Builder*
Mr. Block - Builder*
//Reformist - Builder*
Singapura - Builder

Yay! I get credit for doing nothing! :cookieMonster:

Actually, that means you can 0help build bot that you have built stuff.

No ingrish please :P

Sounds fun. I love good DM's.