TSCS- The smarter color set.

Author Topic: TSCS- The smarter color set.  (Read 13507 times)

kinda intresting but a cookie for you :cookie:

My screen shots have never quite captured the full essence of whatever is in-game. In a dynamic environment, the first three trans on the last row do have subtle differences. And there's plenty of variety, three shades of RGB and CMY (every combination of Red, Green, and blue possible without shading and values) Both of those in varying degrees of transparency, the same set of grays as the default (essentially), four browns, three off-colors, soft RGB and CMYs, and transparent grays and browns.

What more do you want?
For starters, there is no softs.  and most of your "veriety" is just a row of 3 colors with different shades.

For starters, there is no softs.  and most of your "veriety" is just a row of 3 colors with different shades.
I added the beginning of a softs row in V2. I'm going to work on V3 this week, I'll overhaul the system just for you, and for the people who like the old versions, I'll keep those too.

Fair?

Is that really what you want? Or would you rather have the elusive...

TRANS BROWN!

How is that elusive it's in my color set....

How is that elusive it's in my color set....
Not elusive, just rare.

that´s just a txt file not a zip so it  dont work for me :panda: :panda:

that´s just a txt file not a zip so it  dont work for me :panda: :panda:

You don't put a zip in your add-ons folder, you save it to your config>server folder.

Edit:
I'm starting V3 soon, and I want to know your biggest complaints about the first two sets so that I can (hopefully) get a new system going.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:23:51 PM by Sirrus »

( Something said here once)
its not about the quote,
i dont like your avatar, change it. put moar effort into things you make.

its not about the quote,
i dont like your avatar, change it. put moar effort into things you make.
I like my avatar.

I added the beginning of a softs row in V2. I'm going to work on V3 this week, I'll overhaul the system just for you, and for the people who like the old versions, I'll keep those too.

Fair?
you dont need to do crap just for me... I have my own paint pack that i am not going to release.

you dont need to do crap just for me... I have my own paint pack that i am not going to release.
You seem smart enough to me, if I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for someone else, and your input seems like a good place to start.
Let me have it.

bump4v3.

Version three is out on the first post, and as always, the previous versions are still up.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated, they make the next version almost twice as good!

very repetitive transparent colors

My first completed add-on.

I figured I'd start small here. While this but a lowly color set, I do believe I have engineered a better color set- one based around reasoning and logic.

VERSION ONE
First of all, for basic colors, the set utilizes three shades of both RGB and CMY. The grays are smoothly transitioned. The Tans and Browns have more shades than you could shake a stick at, and the trans are more transparent based on there shade, resulting in much cleaner clears.

(note: unfortunately, the transparent browns and tans were the last row, and wouldn't fit in. Sorry)

Please note that I'm open to suggestions and will make changes as necessary.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=275f706e1a921700d2db6fb9a8902bda

VERSION TWO
Version two takes out half the grays and and half the browns, combines them, and adds a soft & special row. This version also has the elusive trans brown.
Yay!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hxzzcdz9bll

VERSION THREE
The fabled version three is out. I (kind of) overhauled the system here, opting for ONE shade of RGB and CMY and then adding soft and dark versions of both. I also added NINE browns for your using pleasures. Included as well is a full gray scale, thee shades of trans brown, a COMPLETELY see-through brick (allowing you to paint the brick render-free) and an entire row of off-colors that I couldn't find another place to put. Stay tuned for version four, and, as always, please C & C the current version.

Linkety link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wtl1myz9unm

OMG O_O