Author Topic: World Trade Center, Towers 1 & 2 NOW INCLUDES 3  (Read 6450 times)

Most people are now building in the 20-50k brick range. Expand your horizons...  and your CPU.

Most people are now building in the 20-50k brick range. Expand your horizons...  and your CPU.
True words.
Here's the newest addition, Three World Trade center, a 22 story Marriott  Hotel behind Two World Trade Center. The build is now at just over 29,000 bricks.

Three World Trade Center is the small building in the center. WTC 1 is on the left and WTC 2 is on the right.

Aerial view.

View from between the towers.

Spire on top of the North Tower.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:58:58 PM by Sirrus »

They're too small. Period.
lolKramer

It's just some big macro/duped boxes, design is nice thought, 4/10.

lolKramer

It's just some big macro/duped boxes, design is nice thought, 4/10.
That would be entirely true if I was starting from scratch and building something completely new, but I'm not.
I'm building the World Trade Center, all 7 buildings.

THE TOWERS WERE BIG BOXES!!! I AM BUILDING THE TOWERS! STOP CRITICIZING THE SHAPE!!!

You have a point that some of the detailing around the base, top, and colors along the tower are off or not present, but this is a WIP. It's nice to have something that looks good from the outside before working on smaller details.

Boo, these WTC build topics usually explode into huge drama fests.

Boo, these WTC build topics usually explode into huge drama fests.
Because of the build, or the buildings?

How the hell else would he make the tower if it wasn't a huge rectangle?
A loving oval?

How the hell else would he make the tower if it wasn't a huge rectangle?
A loving oval?
You have inspired me, sir.

/jk

Actually:

Needs more "doing it justice." These towers were more than just boxes.

Someone had to say this: Where's the plane?

Actually:

Needs more "doing it justice." These towers were more than just boxes.

You think I don't already know this?
I said before, I just wanted a basic shape. I'm going to do the up close stuff later.

Thanks for digging for that picture.

Rex

There were also arches at the base. I have been up the north tower. (They had an awesome discovery shop right next to the subway station in the basement. I bought a periscope. <3)

Ninja Edit: Why do people never build the Empire State Building? It's "basic shape" is more than just a box, even if you disregard details.

There were also arches at the base. I have been up the north tower. (They had an awesome discovery shop right next to the subway station in the basement. I bought a periscope. <3)

Ninja Edit: Why do people never build the Empire State Building? It's "basic shape" is more than just a box, even if you disregard details.
Yeah, there are half-arches (similar to the ones at the top, just halved) at the base of the tower. These would be pretty easy to come in and do later, I believe.

Edit:

The E.S.B. is not a box.

The setbacks would proper forget you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:28:22 PM by Sirrus »

Warning:DO NOT DESTROY!!! ALL AMERICANS WILL THAN HATE YOU!!!

Warning:DO NOT DESTROY!!! ALL AMERICANS WILL THAN HATE YOU!!!
They already do hate everyone in the world. loving fascists.