Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 530387 times)

Noooooooooooo why are gonna quit on making maps :panda: you make the best maps :panda: :panda: :panda:

someone that know where the ufo crash site is on san andreas please tell me
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:52:21 PM by k772 »

Noooooooooooo why are gonna quit on making maps :panda: you make the best maps :panda: :panda: :panda:
Agreed I guess

someone that know where the ufo crash site is on san andreas please tell me
It's close to the desert city.

It's only in one of the San Andreas maps.

What's a skybox?
In most games, when you see the "Sky" it's not really the sky. It's a series of images arranged in a cube to resemble the sky.
2D Skyboxes are just those cubes, or boxes.
3D Skyboxes are more complex, involving distant buildings and such.

I think it's sad that Nightmare is the last one. GSF, you made great maps. Cookie for you. :cookie:

I think it's sad that Nightmare is the last one. GSF, you made great maps. Cookie for you. :cookie:
No.

Did you or the host open the mission editor? If you open the mission editor during a game, it causes a glitch where you can't respawn for some reason. The "Collision should start with a Col Mesh" usually comes up in the console when you interact with a physics-enabled object, so it shouldn't be related.

Srry if this is late but I didn't host with mission editor. And plus when I saw Beta Picture, where is the waterlemons? Did you make it? Anyway I wonder...

Thank you :)

In most games, when you see the "Sky" it's not really the sky. It's a series of images arranged in a cube to resemble the sky.
2D Skyboxes are just those cubes, or boxes.
3D Skyboxes are more complex, involving distant buildings and such.
I'll get you the NYC files soon, I just keep forgetting.

Srry if this is late but I didn't host with mission editor. And plus when I saw Beta Picture, where is the waterlemons? Did you make it? Anyway I wonder...
If you join a server where the host opens the mission editor, then that can cause problems with spawning too. The watermelons and the other physics objects can be spawned in the vehicle gui, just look for GSF Watermelons, GSF Cereal Box, etc. And yes I did make the watermelons, which is why they are so glitchy lol.

Update: Based on the overwhelming response in this topic and in-game, I have decided to try to release a few more maps before I quit map making. No guarantees, but since summer vacation is coming up I will probably have more time. I will also try to release a resource pack of textures and interiors / shapes to help future map makers. The maps I'm planning to release are (based on popularity):
  • A recreation of Courage the Cowardly Dog's house
  • Blue Heaven - A surreal race track
  • Zombie Forest
  • And another city

I will also need people who can:
  • Code a camera shake for a certain speed for a vehicle
  • Change the gravity jeep script so that it clings to the road, even on steep drops
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:49:57 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

: D sounds great, by the way I was searching for some resources to learn Quark but I couldn't find anything good do you know of any?

I really wish you could make a large maybe, San FRancisco map? I mean it would be amazing no other map maker can build as well as you. It could be super detailed, have a huge airport and alcatraz. It woul be awesome! Cookies for you! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I really wish you could make a large maybe, San FRancisco map? I mean it would be amazing no other map maker can build as well as you. It could be super detailed, have a huge airport and alcatraz. It woul be awesome! Cookies for you! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:
I really wish I could make it too, but I would need help making it. Would you be willing to learn map making and help me with it? If not, I already made a small version of San Fransisco in my GSF San Andreas map.

: D sounds great, by the way I was searching for some resources to learn Quark but I couldn't find anything good do you know of any?
I don't know of any sorry; I just learned from years of trial and error lol. Try using hammer or Torque Constructor, they might be much easier to learn.

I see the title changed.