Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 530463 times)

Dude, Nightmare is messed up.  It's super creepy.

Ghost, I could help you model some stuff, but because I have Vista I can't seem to find out how to open Blender, also when I downloaded it I never got a shortcut, any help?
I downloaded Blender on my laptop (which uses Vista) and I didn't have any problems; are you sure you downloaded it correctly?

I love Just cause, I play it all the time, the Airport, Esperito City, AMAZINGLY AWESOME  :cookieMonster:
I love it too because of the suspension of disbelief; too many games now are trying to be so realistic that they just aren't fun anymore.

Dude, Nightmare is messed up.  It's super creepy.
Not as creepy as your avatar lol.

You don't realize how hard that would be to make.
It was the old beta city I made that turned into GSF New York City. You can see pictures of it in my MikesHouse map.
Thank you!
GSF Watermelon, Cereal Box, and the other objects I added can be found in the vehicle gui. Just plant a vehicle brick, click on it with the wrench, scroll the list of vehicles, and you should see five objects that start with GSF. Just spawn them and that's all you have to do.
I posted a list on page 61 of this topic. But, it might just come down to me finishing up Zombie Forest and updating the other maps I released.

damn your realy bussy :D

I used to be a big fan of GSF maps, but when I go into detail and random testing, I find that the larger maps are inefficient. Mike's house doesn't have that many polys, but it's a huge lagfest. I can understand NYC and it's huge lag, but not the two houses you made.

:( 

Just Cause.
Aww, Just Cause. My favourite game for long. :)
Then I finished it D: It's too short.
Yay for Just Cause 2, I can't wait!

Oh, anyway: On topic: It's nice to hear you make some more maps, they're great. Some of my friends bought Blockland because I showed them NYC.

Oh, anyway: On topic: It's nice to hear you make some more maps, they're great. Some of my friends bought Blockland because I showed them NYC.
same here

I used to be a big fan of GSF maps, but when I go into detail and random testing, I find that the larger maps are inefficient. Mike's house doesn't have that many polys, but it's a huge lagfest. I can understand NYC and it's huge lag, but not the two houses you made.

The house ones are my favorite ones regardless of any lag.

In that JC map, will there be a large area outside of the city to explore, with mountains or anything, or maybe the airport?

I don't even pursue the main game, I explore and perform side missions for fun. I hope the map will have that kind of awesome fun!

Did you try hosting no lag versions, reducing vertex lighting, etc.? It's hard for me to tune my maps to be lag-free on other computers, especially when the maps are as complex as NYC. But, I can have the entire city of NYC in view and still have a manageable frame rate lol.
But, this new map(s) I'm working on will be simple and will focus on fun, rather than the "wow-factor" that I tried to pursue in my other maps, so they shouldn't lag at all.

When does Just Cause 2 come out? I'm also looking forward to it lol. I wish they kept the old vibrant graphics though.
Really, your friends bought Blockland just for NYC??

In that JC map, will there be a large area outside of the city to explore, with mountains or anything, or maybe the airport?
The new map is still in experimentation phase, but as of right now it's going to be a remote tropical island, surrounded by smaller islands, and is going to be about the same size as San Andreas (I posted some pics below so y'all can see what it looks like so far). There will most likely be an airport, army base, and small towns in this map. The map will be large, especially if you are on foot, so most of the secrets will be hidden on the islands. And yes, there will be mountains lol, maybe a volcano too depending on how it affects the map.

I need feedback before I can progress further so feel free to give me your opinion on the following:
  • Should the buildings be interiors and look like they are made of bricks (like in NYC, San Andreas, and Vice City) or should they just be Blockland bricks?
  • Should there be larger cities with tall buildings? (like in Just Cause)
  • Should the graphics be realistic or vibrant? (again like Just Cause)
  • And should the map be as big as San Andreas, smaller, or larger?

Here are some screens of it so far:

Make them like NYC.
No larger cities.
Realistic Graphics
Larger.

So Far looks a lot like just cause, but I hope you add a lot of trees and maybe make it have at leat one larger city. ANd yes I think the graphics should be somewhat vibrant, if only there were a parachute addon.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:36:07 PM by joethekiller »

So Far looks a lot like just cause, but I hope you add a lot of trees and maybe make it have at leat one larger city. ANd yes I think the graphics should be somewhat vibrant, if only there were a parachute addon.
If I add too many trees then it will lag. This map is being tuned for zombie games, so I want it as lag-free as possible. And there is a parachute add-on lol.

Update:I found a way around the water glitch when terrain is stretched; I was able to get terrain scaled at 32 and have the water work correctly - this is like the Holy Grail for map makers. So now I can have a map that is ten times larger than NYC, but it would not lag, the water would not glitch, and it would only take like 5 seconds to light! I don't know if I want the map to be THAT big, but I might use this in some way.

Great effort on the maps don't get me wrong, but I'm not a fan of the textures in these.

That map reminds me of a toony farcry.