GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 526246 times)

Imagine being able to land a plane on it, but maybe I am just starting to dream...
Actually, I beleive that he is using a fancy collision box for his boat. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that one wouldn't be able to land a plane on it. I could be wrong though, and I sure hope I am! ;)

Someone still needs to make an aircraft carrier.

Awesome map looks to be the best yet.

Boat :D
I hope so, there is going to be a lot of content in this map lol.

Ghost, I think you are seriously the bleh of retail blockland (sorry if you don't like the comparison)

You are such a great mapper, pioneering all of these new techniques to make great maps. I am not really sure what you are trying to do with your current one, if I did I would suggest some stuff.

So you make the best maps, and now you are making the first boats?

You said you can walk around inside the boats? That is nothing anyone has done before, and you can walk while they are moving?

I highly encourage you to make an aircraft carrier or destroyer type boat. An aircraft carrier would have a large surface area for walking, which will be really cool. Imagine being able to land a plane on it, but maybe I am just starting to dream...

Keep up the good work, and let us know when the test server is up.
This map is basically a tropical remote island, but if you want to give feedback then it would be best if you joined the test server - which will be announced soon. And the boat isn't perfect, but it's definitely a lot better than previous boats that have been released. I still have a lot of work to do before I host the test server, but it should be soon.

And I am planning on making an aircraft carrier, and luckily I think it is possible to land planes on it and walk on it, but not when it is moving sadly. I found out that if you walk or place an object on a boat while it's moving, then the mini-fig or object will stay in place and eventually fall off. I tried putting another collision box to keep mini-figs and objects in the boat while it's moving, but they stop the boat when they collide with the collision box.

awesome maps, and cool secrets under some.
Thanks

Holy stuff-forget, Ghost. Your blowing my simple mind!  :cookieMonster:

I love you. I cant wait to see more Add-Ons from you, maps also.
lol, well I'm going to just release a few more add-ons and then I have to quit, but I hope to make these last add-ons my best yet.

Actually, I beleive that he is using a fancy collision box for his boat. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that one wouldn't be able to land a plane on it. I could be wrong though, and I sure hope I am! ;)
Well the carrier wouldn't require a complex collision box. But, any objects (including players and planes) would get pushed off and fall into the water if you drive the carrier. I could even make the aircraft carrier have a full-fledged interior you can walk around in (when the carrier isn't moving), but I don't want to jump ahead of myself lol.

Someone still needs to make an aircraft carrier.
I will definitely try my hand at making one.

Actually Kaje did make the boxtruck so you could walk inside it in some early betas, but it was buggy.

Ghost, what kind of easter eggs, if any, are gonna be in the map? Maybe blue hell (hint hint)

Ghost, what kind of easter eggs, if any, are gonna be in the map? Maybe blue hell (hint hint)

maybe city in the clouds wink wink

I guess everyone got excited about the boat and forgot I'm making a map too lol.
As of right now I'm making a boat, plane and car ride map, and a tropical map based on the one from Just Cause. The tropical map will have some vehicles included with it. Here are some new screens on the progress of the map:

Well they are vehicles, but you can't drive them; they are physics objects you can interact with. Set a vehicle spawn brick, click on it with the wrench, and in the drop down menu look for 5 vehicles that start with GSF.
I knew that was bound to happen lol.
omfg, i cant wait for this map now

I SEES A BOAT!!!! DO WANT!!!!!

I SEES A BOAT!!!! DO WANT!!!!!
dont we all?

Ghost, you are the best!

Blue Hell....It's-IT'S BUILT ON A HANDDDD!!!!!!!! :O!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bugs Ghost for an update of some sort*

Do you actually think you can make it so that planes can land on the aircraft carrier when it isn't moving? And I was wondering, how do you enable the "free walking" mode (can't think of a good name for it) because if you jump on the vehicle you go into a mount point (like the normal blockland vehicles) so how can you walk on it without going into a mount point?

Sorry I can't really explain that a bit more eloquently...

Do you actually think you can make it so that planes can land on the aircraft carrier when it isn't moving? And I was wondering, how do you enable the "free walking" mode (can't think of a good name for it) because if you jump on the vehicle you go into a mount point (like the normal blockland vehicles) so how can you walk on it without going into a mount point?

Sorry I can't really explain that a bit more eloquently...
I think it is possible, but I won't start on the aircraft carrier until I am close to finishing this map. And you can allow players to walk on a boat by extruding the collision box so that it matches the area you want the player to walk on, but make sure the collision box has walls that match the boat's walls. This should enable the player to walk on it freely (if it isn't bobbing up and down or moving), and you can even jump on it. This complicates getting into the vehicle, but usually the walls of the boat become the entrance point.

Yeah I should update, progress has been slow, but it's coming along.

Update:
As of right now there are 210 buildings you can enter (with a solid 100+ frame rate - 70+ in the forest), and I still haven't started on the airport, army base, or the main city. Since the last update, I added a more realistic shore texture, many new buildings, more-realistic bridges, an improved sunflare, random villages and houses in the forest, and some mini-cities. Let me know what you think about the graphics, because I'm trying to find a balance between bright/vibrant colors and realistic textures. Here are some updated screens:

The colors of the terrain look very nice, the buildings look almost a bit too colorful, and since most of them are just one solid color + a brown roof, the bright color kind of stands out. But I don't really think that is a big deal for now. I also like the bridge in the background.

I would love to see some detail added to the many cliffs, like some small ledges that you can walk along.

Me Wantz Boat... Jk, btw GSF, nice update, love new solar flare.