Author Topic: Alright kiddies, time for a grammar lesson.  (Read 5741 times)

the word "I". "I" is declares ownership, I.E. "I like that." "I" Should always be capitalized in this form.
You're a damn fool, I is not possessive.
Also ". . .'I' is declares ownership"? Whuuuuuuuut?
"I" is a word used by the speaker to refer to himself.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:56:51 PM by TheWorm »

I is a personal pronoun in the first-person collective.

"I" is a word used by the speaker to refer to himself.
Thank you, the proper definition didn't come to mind at the time.

The Apostrophe [ ' ] is located on the right of your keyboard, closest to your Enter key. This is usually used as a contraction for two words to become one, I.E. "You are, You're" or "Isn't, Is Not". The Accent mark [ ` ] is not a loving Apostrophe. Next, the word "I". "I" is used to refer to yourself, the speaker. I.E. "I like that." "I" Should always be capitalized in this form. Next: Your vs. You're. "You're" is a contractive word for YOU ARE. As in "You're an idiot". "Your" declares ownership of, and for someone else; "Your bike is nice". When using Quotes [ "" ], you must have a start AND end quote. Parentheses declare a side note, Brackets define a Symbol or Paraphrase, and Braces are used to define a series, sentences start with a Capital letter and end in a Period, and sentences cannot be started with a conjunction ("and") unless preceded by a semicolon or ellipsis. To top it off, quotes define a quote, and single quotes define a statement.

Finally: They're, Their, and There. "They're" is a contraction for "They Are". "Their" also declares ownership, most times plural, but often used in a case of unsure choice. I.E. "Their bikes are nice". "There" declares a location: "Over There".

People, this stuff isn't hard.

When using I.E the proper capitalization is i.e.

Fail.

I do it anyway so yeah, no point in me reading this x3

When making acronyms you can eather do it as i.e. or IE. Like NASA or some other acronyms.

When making acronyms you can eather do it as i.e. or IE. Like NASA or some other acronyms.

i.e does not mean Internet Explorer, dumbass.

I know I am used to seeing capitalized acronyms and needed an example.

And that's the way it should be.

I AHVE GRATE GRAHMMeRes LEIK TOTULY

I find a lot of the grammar rules for English to be rather weird. Like the main rule: "Never end a sentence in a preposition." This rule is usually used for languages based on Latin. Since English is a German based language, not Latin based, then it's acceptable. The German language constantly ends it's sentences in prepositions. It's just how it works. So I never care if people try to correct me for being grammatically incorrect.

Hello, this is a grammatically correct sentence, and it will have a period at the end.

+34

i.e does not mean Internet Explorer, dumbass.
It means "In Example", dumbass.

It means "In Example", dumbass.

OMFG, this is gold.

First off, i.e is Latin and does not mean "in example". Secondly, the phrase is used with LOWER CASE letters.
I.E= Initials. (Internet Explorer, Ian Epson)
i.e= "That is"

i.e. ( id est-- Latin ) means "that is" or  "in other words." It specifies or makes more clear.

http://www.englishforums.com/English/Example/bpjqb/post.htm

The hippo is critical.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:22:57 PM by FlyGuy45 »