Author Topic: How to deal with starfishs?  (Read 4103 times)

You can ignore their handicapped comments.

It works for me, Not sure about you though.

also what the hell is wrong with this world? I'm freinds with most people here where I live, other than that one fatty but he's strange anyway.

That's how my friend used to act to me. If they are around anyone, just stay silent (Not trying to insult anyone, but they usually act like this because they deem you, "Uncool" and would rather be cool than hang out with you) so you don't "embarrass" them or anything. Eventually, they will notice "how cool you are" and will not be such jerks. For me, it was because both him and I are HUGE gamers and I would try to talk to him about a game that he had enjoyed and wanted me to buy. But then he would brush me off so he wouldn't look like a nerd/geek. So after just standing there, listening to what they were talking about (Paintball), I would come up and start talking about paintball. They started accepting that I was "cool" and were more open to other things (Gaming). Now if I hang out with them, I can either talk about what they like or what I like, and still be "cool" to them.
Actually it sounds like what I'm dealing with.

Going off the topic:
Has off-topic become an advice centre?

Off topic is the only place to go with this sort of thing.

Once we were talking about number prefixes at our table, and I was wondering which number was "love-" and then the table next to us screams "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT love?!".  Also, once they said that we were lame or something, then I said "Sure, whatever."  and then a kid there screams "YOUR MOM!" Then, I said "I'm sorry, that is not a valid argument."  And the kid was calling me a nerd then.

"Sure, whatever."  and then a kid there screams "YOUR MOM!" Then, I said "I'm sorry, that is not a valid argument." 
I would have called you an idiot instead of a nerd.

Once we were talking about number prefixes at our table, and I was wondering which number was "love-" and then the table next to us screams "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT love?!".  Also, once they said that we were lame or something, then I said "Sure, whatever."  and then a kid there screams "YOUR MOM!" Then, I said "I'm sorry, that is not a valid argument."  And the kid was calling me a nerd then.
What you just said has almost nothing to do with what I'm trying to get advice about.

Falcon punch?
Nah that would hurt, Just don't hang with them when they hang with the other pepole

Most of the time everyone hates me.

I hate my life, Blockland is much nicer.

They're "showing off" and the best way to do that they figure is to put the middle man down, i.e. you.

The solution is simple, push back. Be an starfish to them if they start up, they'll stop messing with you once they get the picture that their stuff isn't going to fly with you.

I have the exact same problem :O

Be passive about it, it gets me through a lot.

Be passive about it, it gets me through a lot.
You're a pusillanimous individual.  Be more assertive and don't let them give you a reason o be emo.

You're a pusillanimous individual.  Be more assertive and don't let them give you a reason o be emo.

Emo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk