Author Topic: Oral Presentations:  (Read 3932 times)

Maybe you'll get a better grade if you give your oral presentation after school ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help it :D

Maybe you'll get a better grade if you give your oral presentation after school ;)

Ahaha nice ;D

d-dread... how could you... </3

d-dread... how could you... </3

But you'll have more time to practice if you wait until after school D:

Say you have that disease that disallows you to speak in front of a group

Don't think of it as a dreaded thing, rather as a wonderful opportunity to screw around in Spanish. I doubt it matters if you tell the reality about your family, because I doubt they are really interested. I'd rather you made up certain things for activities and stuff that you find hard to talk about in Spanish.

And here's a last bit of a tip: try to maintain eye-contact with the audience. Don't just stare at one particular person or place, but move your sight from time to time.

Good luck!

-PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
-Speak loud, make sure everyone can hear you.
-Don't stand up there like it's a loving Dane Cook show. Don't move rapidly around. Stay in one spot, don't put your hands in your pockets, and don't sway back and forth. Also, keep a good posture.
-Make eye contact with the audience. It's okay to look at your notecards every once and a while to check where you are, but don't do it all the time. Don't look at one person/spot the whole time (For one you'll make them feel like they're being stalked), look around the crowd.
-At the end, take questions.

But you'll have more time to practice if you wait until after school D:

OMG SEKRUT?!? WUT?!?

I took several different classes on languages and each oral presentation was fine. My German orals were of special notice because we went to a rather heavily trafficed zoo and had to present animal biographies to random strangers in that language. It was for some language cultural deal, so there were plenty of German tourists around to tell us how we failed at the language. lol Although my grammar was horrible, I did receive several comments that if I did work on it, I could pass for a native since my accenting was spot on.