Author Topic: World of Goo  (Read 3298 times)

World of Goo is a rather new game for PC and WiiWare ($20 on PC, 1,500 Wii Points on WiiWare), and will soon be on Steam.  It's been out for almost a week now, but I haven't read a single bad review yet.  IGN gave the WiiWare version a 9.7, and RPS recommended it very much, and WiiWare World gave it a 10/10.  I had preordered it, and as such, beat the game the day it came out.  I very much enjoyed it, and the 'story' (if you can call it that) and levels were very well done.  They could have just said "no, that would be too much work" on many levels, but they decided to do them anyways.  In my opinion, it's definitely worth checking out.  A demo was released today, and contains one chapter of the whole game (in the full game, there are 5 in all, with 5 being 3 levels long, the others much longer).

tl;dr, everyone likes it and you should try the demo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:38:01 PM by Aloshi »

I love it when freeware goes retail. Love the game, awesome.

I jsut noticed the game on the wiishop headlines on my way to rockband, i saw it was 15 bucks, but i might get it.

yesiknow, rockband for wii isnt very good, not as good as the xbox version, or GH

This is my favorite game of the past three years.
If you don't buy it, you're a homo.

I love it when freeware goes retail. Love the game, awesome.
uh the game has never been freeware..

uh the game has never been freeware..
Yes, it was called "Tower of Goo".

k. i "got" the game. Its ok i guess.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:27:09 AM by Badspot »

I'm stuck at the level where you gotta build the really tall tower out of the black goo's.
Here are a few things I tried, red arrows show the direction in which the tower falls in.

I can't really make it not go thinner, because then I'd need a bigger base, and if I try that I end up having less then 25 goo's at the pipe.

HALP.

I'm stuck at the level where you gotta build the really tall tower out of the black goo's.
Here are a few things I tried, red arrows show the direction in which the tower falls in.

I can't really make it not go thinner, because then I'd need a bigger base, and if I try that I end up having less then 25 goo's at the pipe.

HALP.

Took me forever on that level, but I finally got it

Tip: Supports, Supports, Supports

NOOOOOOOOOO!

uh, how about, he posted all that and badspot came on afterwards and banned him for this? dumbforget.
also:

there is no "last edit by badspot"

# Do not use "clever" innuendo to talk about any of these things