Author Topic: Brick Physics Preview  (Read 96827 times)

when a Brick blows will all the bricks its supporting fall too? if so time for TNT events on first floor of an skyscraper :D

sorry for bump 

when a Brick blows will all the bricks its supporting fall too? if so time for TNT events on first floor of an skyscraper :D

sorry for bump 
no, its the same if you did it with rocket launcher, it will still stand.

Edit: It seems that u can push around bricks that are NOT flat but im still confussed on y not letting us just be able to stand on it unless its super difficult.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:49:46 PM by Shocklink »

no, its the same if you did it with rocket launcher, it will still stand.

Edit: It seems that u can push around bricks that are NOT flat but im still confussed on y not letting us just be able to stand on it unless its super difficult.

Edit: It seems that you can push around bricks that aren't flat. Although, I'm still confused about why it can't let us stand on it with some form of difficulty.

I was bored.... Sorry.

I can't wait till brick physics. It seems to be the most interesting thing I've seen i Blockland since I played V8.

The server doesn't know where the physics bricks are. The server has to know where stuff is for you to be able to stand on it. Otherwise the server has to take your word for it, which means that there will be a lot of cheating as people tell the server they are flying through the air/going through walls.

If everyone had really fast connections and really fast computers we could do something about that, but they don't. Maybe in a few years.

Trust me, it's plenty fun as it is, and you will have a great time shooting explosives at things. The fake-killed bricks move naturally when you or a vehicle or an explosion shove them around after they have been exploded.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:37:38 PM by Swollow »

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE A DOWNLOAD!!!!!
It will be an official patch.

Just a suggestion: Make the brick respawn part of the RTB Server Control please, or an option in the Admin menu.
Unless the minigame brick respawn time does have effect outside of a minigame.

it dissapoints me that i can push a brick in a manner that on someone elses screen might appear diffrent.

As he said.  It is most of the time near the same, but almost never exactly the same.

It would be awesome if we could throw bricks into the water brick and have them sink or float. I'd love to be able to build a boat that actually floats.

the way it looks like to me, the bricks dont look conected when they go to physics...

Just a suggestion: Make the brick respawn part of the RTB Server Control please, or an option in the Admin menu.
Unless the minigame brick respawn time does have effect outside of a minigame.
If it's a pref/global variable like the default thrown item disappearing times and activate range options, then it should be possible.

and setbrickbouyancy :D
Just add a setBrickDensity event or "density" option in the brick data. Then a brick's buoyancy in water can be decided by its density (less than a certain amount = float), and mass can by defined by the brick's volume. If you have several bricks that are designated as "Heavy" bricks then they can sink as well as having more effect on levers and things, and a brick that's "twice the size" (e.g. 2x4 compared to 2x2) will have double the mass.

If it's a pref/global variable like the default thrown item disappearing times and activate range options, then it should be possible.
Just add a setBrickDensity event or "density" option in the brick data. Then a brick's buoyancy in water can be decided by its density (less than a certain amount = float), and mass can by defined by the brick's volume. If you have several bricks that are designated as "Heavy" bricks then they can sink as well as having more effect on levers and things, and a brick that's "twice the size" (e.g. 2x4 compared to 2x2) will have double the mass.
thats a awsome idea mane maby next version after v11